Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Nathan Milliro » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00


East Region:

Duke (2) vs. Delaware (15)
TCU (7) vs. UNC-C***te (10)
Minnesota (6) vs. Vanderbilt (11)
Arizona (3) vs. Iona (14)

Florida (5) vs. Detroit (12)
Indiana (4) vs. Penn (13)
Georgia Tech (8) vs. Miami (OH) (9)
UConn (1) vs. MD-Eastern Shore (16)

West Region:

Stanford (2) vs. SW Texas State (15)
Wisconsin (7) vs. Wake Forest (10)
Auburn (6) vs. Gonzaga (11)
Kansas (3) vs. N Arizona (14)

Florida State (5) vs. Penn State (12)
Utah (4) vs. Kent (13, last at-large in)
Xavier (8) vs. Arkansas (9)
Cincinnati (1) vs. Alcorn State (16)

Midwest Region:

Purdue (2) vs. Appalachian State (15)
Washington (7) vs. Mississippi (10)
George Washington (6) vs. Alabama-Birmingham (11)
Syracuse (3) vs. Louisiana Tech (14)

Georgia (5) vs. Tulsa (12)
UCLA (4) vs. Utah State (13)
Creighton (8) vs. St. Johns (9)
North Carolina (1) vs. Samford (16)

Southeast Region:

Kentucky (2) vs. St. Francis (NY) (15)
Clemson (7) vs. Illinois (10)
Pittsburgh (6) vs. Oklahoma State (11)
Temple (3) vs. Lafayette (14)

Michigan State (5) vs. Valparaiso (12)
Villanova (4) vs. Old Dominion (13)
Murray State (8) vs. New Mexico (9)
Maryland (1) vs. UNC-Asheville (16)

This is done for entertainment purposes only and to give you a keel as
to how I think the conference races are going to stack up.

Feel free to make changes or comments as needed.

Thank you and goodnight.

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Gary Whit » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

MichSU gets a 5?  It should finish around 10-15 which should be a 3 to
4.

Quote:

> East Region:

> Duke (2) vs. Delaware (15)
> TCU (7) vs. UNC-C***te (10)
> Minnesota (6) vs. Vanderbilt (11)
> Arizona (3) vs. Iona (14)

> Florida (5) vs. Detroit (12)
> Indiana (4) vs. Penn (13)
> Georgia Tech (8) vs. Miami (OH) (9)
> UConn (1) vs. MD-Eastern Shore (16)

> West Region:

> Stanford (2) vs. SW Texas State (15)
> Wisconsin (7) vs. Wake Forest (10)
> Auburn (6) vs. Gonzaga (11)
> Kansas (3) vs. N Arizona (14)

> Florida State (5) vs. Penn State (12)
> Utah (4) vs. Kent (13, last at-large in)
> Xavier (8) vs. Arkansas (9)
> Cincinnati (1) vs. Alcorn State (16)

> Midwest Region:

> Purdue (2) vs. Appalachian State (15)
> Washington (7) vs. Mississippi (10)
> George Washington (6) vs. Alabama-Birmingham (11)
> Syracuse (3) vs. Louisiana Tech (14)

> Georgia (5) vs. Tulsa (12)
> UCLA (4) vs. Utah State (13)
> Creighton (8) vs. St. Johns (9)
> North Carolina (1) vs. Samford (16)

> Southeast Region:

> Kentucky (2) vs. St. Francis (NY) (15)
> Clemson (7) vs. Illinois (10)
> Pittsburgh (6) vs. Oklahoma State (11)
> Temple (3) vs. Lafayette (14)

> Michigan State (5) vs. Valparaiso (12)
> Villanova (4) vs. Old Dominion (13)
> Murray State (8) vs. New Mexico (9)
> Maryland (1) vs. UNC-Asheville (16)

> This is done for entertainment purposes only and to give you a keel as
> to how I think the conference races are going to stack up.

> Feel free to make changes or comments as needed.

> Thank you and goodnight.

--
Gary White
Lansing, Michigan, USA


ICQ# 575452

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Kevin Shaughnes » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hey my friend,

Where did you put Indiana ?

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Gary Whit » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I missed them at first too, look near the top EAST Region, 6th line
down, a #4 seed.
Sounds about right, #12 to #20 team.

Quote:

> Hey my friend,

> Where did you put Indiana ?

--
Gary White
Lansing, Michigan, USA


ICQ# 575452

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Scott McMilla » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>.....
>Feel free to make changes or comments as needed.

You really should look into getting a hobby of some kind.
It's not even January and you've drawn up brackets with seedings.

January.  Not even January yet.

Scotty.
Rock Chalk.

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Chris Mitchel » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Take this critique with a grain of salt; who knows what
will happen between now and March.

Old Dominion (13),
Valparaiso (12),
Penn (13) - higher seeds if they continue strong

Utah (4),
Georgia Tech (8) - both overrated in my opinion.

You send 7 ACC teams. Make that 6 and boost Pac-10 from 4
to 5 (USC or Oregon, most likely. Although if Cal beats
Rhode Island tomorrow...) If any conference sends 7 this
year, it'll be the Big Ten.

Creighton (8) - MVC may send Illinois State, or both.
--
Chris Mitchell

Villanova (4) - nice call!

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Howard Salwass » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

   Nathan Milliron was arrested by the Spanish Inquisition for spewing
forth:

Georgia Tech (8) vs. Miami (OH) (9)
Utah (4) vs. Kent (13, last at-large in)

Talk about giving the MAC respect!

Howie Salwasser (alias: THE LEGENDARY PINKER X)
St. Paul, Mn

A WebTV Veteran since November 23, 1996

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by George W. Harr » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

In Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:40:04 -0600 of yore, "Scott McMillan"

=
=>.....
=>Feel free to make changes or comments as needed.
=
=
=You really should look into getting a hobby of some kind.
=It's not even January and you've drawn up brackets with seedings.

        I'm sure you do things that he thinks are a complete
waste of time as well.

=Scotty.

--
"Duke is the *** power in men's college basketball."
                                        -Greg Perry

George W. Harris  For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Scott McMilla » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>In Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:40:04 -0600 of yore, "Scott McMillan"


>=>.....
>=>Feel free to make changes or comments as needed.
>=You really should look into getting a hobby of some kind.
>=It's not even January and you've drawn up brackets with seedings.

> I'm sure you do things that he thinks are a complete
>waste of time as well.

Yes.  I caught a Duke game at the United Center the other night . . .

Scotty.
Rock Chalk.

 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by gips.. » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>    Nathan Milliron was arrested by the Spanish Inquisition for spewing
> forth:

> Georgia Tech (8) vs. Miami (OH) (9)
> Utah (4) vs. Kent (13, last at-large in)

> Talk about giving the MAC respect!

Check the Sagarin. Through Friday games the MAC was rated the 6th best
conference.  The Sagarin really changed a lot when he put the new home
field advantage number in the equation. The WAC, Big12, A10 ratings are
lower, reflecting the disappointing play each has had so far. The MAC
and MVC are looking good early.  Still a little early to put to much
into these as most teams have played only about half of their
non-conference games.
 
 
 

Here are your 1st dummy brackets for 1999

Post by Jason Sean Fuima » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Rhode Island? I don't think anyone is shutting Mr. Odom out of the dance.:
I haven't seen many URI games but from the hype, maybe we should also:
include him in the FOY race.: