ACC Media Poll + My final pix

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Charles Boar » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00


                     ACC Media                Me
                   Pts   1st votes       pick  predicted record
1. North Carolina  792     74              2t     11-5
2. Duke            712     16              1      12-4
3. Wake Forest     577                     2t     11-5
4. Maryland        481                     4      10-6
5. N.C. State      442                     6t      7-9
6. Georgia Tech    396                     6t      7-9
7. ***ia        351                     5       8-8
8. Florida St.     179                     8       4-12
9. Clemson         113                     9       2-14
 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Jeffrey Davi » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>                      ACC Media                Me
>                    Pts   1st votes       pick  predicted record
> 2. Duke            712     16              1      12-4

Reverse-woof or misplaced respect for untested freshmen?

--

Thank you, Madam, the agony is somewhat abated.

 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Charles Boar » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


> >                      ACC Media                Me
> >                    Pts   1st votes       pick  predicted record
> > 2. Duke            712     16              1      12-4

> Reverse-woof or misplaced respect for untested freshmen?

One dollop of respect (misplaced or not to be determined)
for untested freshman, two heaping tablespoons of respect
for the abilities of Battier, Carrawell & James (all of
whom are better than we've seen yet and will now get
the chance to show it), and a dash of belief that K will
get more out of these guys than anyone else could be expected
to.

Also a little process of elimination. I'm pretty darn sure Wake will
be slightly better than UNC but don't think either of them is
quite a first-place caliber team. So default to Duke.

Quote:
> --

> Thank you, Madam, the agony is somewhat abated.


 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Scott Gallimor » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>                      ACC Media                Me
>                    Pts   1st votes       pick  predicted record
> 3. Wake Forest     577                     2t     11-5
> 5. N.C. State      442                     6t      7-9

I know the debates have already been done between State-Wake
(Charlie and Shawn), but I must say that I don't think (IMHO)
there will be 4 games seperating Wake and State this year.

Scott
NC State-91
go Pack!

 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Shawn Spenc » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


> >                      ACC Media                Me
> >                    Pts   1st votes       pick  predicted record
> > 3. Wake Forest     577                     2t     11-5
> > 5. N.C. State      442                     6t      7-9

> I know the debates have already been done between State-Wake
> (Charlie and Shawn), but I must say that I don't think (IMHO)
> there will be 4 games seperating Wake and State this year.

Heh. In a couple of years, I believe one game in the standings has cost
State 2 or 3 places in the table.

Quote:
> Scott
> NC State-91
> go Pack!

--

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shawn Spence

        "Nobody."

                -- Lewis Grizzard's answer to the question "Who would
                be the best Democratic presidential candidate?" (1991)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by Sebastian Alsto » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Duke fan?

What about objectivitiy?  Did you pick them first in 1995?

From an objective UNC fan!  :-)

 
 
 

ACC Media Poll + My final pix

Post by charlie Boa » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Duke fan?

Nope. Absolutely not.

Quote:

> What about objectivitiy?  

The mote in thy own eye, etc....

Quote:
> Did you pick them first in 1995?

Don't remember, but I don't think so. But most people
did - sort of like most are picking UNC this year..  :-)

Quote:

> From an objective UNC fan!  :-)

Say hi to Furman for me...