NBA Stats 46-88

NBA Stats 46-88

Post by Lutz van Hasse » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Since I could not find any pre-1988 NBA stats in a format useful for
CPU processing, I am currently working on player stats for each season
from 1946 to 1988 using the raw format on Doug Steele's page.
I'm basically done, but before I do the finishing touches, I'd like to
get some feedback from anyone who might be interested in these.

- Is it OK if I put some additional stuff at the right like games
  started and disqualifications ? I could put more stuff like college,
  birthdate etc. if anyone finds it useful.
- Some stats are not available in older seasons, for example offensive
  rebounds before 73/74 or minutes played before 1950 (or s.th.).
  Should I put zeros or blanks or "n/a"?
- As for the names, I noticed there is only room for 16 characters in
  Doug's stats. Should I stick to 16 characters or put the full names?

In any case, I should have them finished this week. Maybe Doug will add
them to his site.
If I find the time, I can perhaps do team stats a bit later as well.

 
 
 

NBA Stats 46-88

Post by Dave Mee » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:

>Since I could not find any pre-1988 NBA stats in a format useful for
>CPU processing, I am currently working on player stats for each season
>from 1946 to 1988 using the raw format on Doug Steele's page.
>I'm basically done, but before I do the finishing touches, I'd like to
>get some feedback from anyone who might be interested in these.

>- Is it OK if I put some additional stuff at the right like games
>  started and disqualifications ? I could put more stuff like college,
>  birthdate etc. if anyone finds it useful.
>- Some stats are not available in older seasons, for example offensive
>  rebounds before 73/74 or minutes played before 1950 (or s.th.).
>  Should I put zeros or blanks or "n/a"?
>- As for the names, I noticed there is only room for 16 characters in
>  Doug's stats. Should I stick to 16 characters or put the full names?

>In any case, I should have them finished this week. Maybe Doug will add
>them to his site.

If you pull this off, you have my undying gratitude...
--
David T. Meeks        ||"You won't find the meaning, you won't find the answer
Principal Engineer    || you won't find a cure for the spreading of cancer
Ardent Software, Inc. || it won't solve the mystery, the question or quotient


 
 
 

NBA Stats 46-88

Post by Scott Smi » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

>Since I could not find any pre-1988 NBA stats in a format useful for
>CPU processing, I am currently working on player stats for each season
>from 1946 to 1988 using the raw format on Doug Steele's page.
>I'm basically done, but before I do the finishing touches, I'd like to
>get some feedback from anyone who might be interested in these.

>In any case, I should have them finished this week. Maybe Doug will add
>them to his site.
>If I find the time, I can perhaps do team stats a bit later as well.

That would be excellent and I would be very interested in such
a site.

BTW, what is the URL for Doug Steele's page?

----

       Scott Smith - Internet Consultant / Web Developer

                    http://www.wwwebworld.com

 
 
 

NBA Stats 46-88

Post by Lutz van Hasse » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


>>Since I could not find any pre-1988 NBA stats in a format useful for
>>CPU processing, I am currently working on player stats for each season
>>from 1946 to 1988 using the raw format on Doug Steele's page.
>That would be excellent and I would be very interested in such
>a site.
>BTW, what is the URL for Doug Steele's page?

http://shell.rmi.net/~doug/

OK, I finished them. They are not available on WWW yet, but I can e-mail
copies to anyone who wants them, just tell me.

Lutz,