Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by ac.. » Wed, 09 Dec 1992 15:18:57


Via ESPN (Your Face) SportsCenter..

Joe Carter re-signs with the Blue Jays for 3 years + 4th option year,
roughly 20 mil.

Also, after Milwaukee offered him arbitration, Paul Molitor jumped ship and
signed with the Blue Jays for a two year deal.

Molitor now gives the Jays a viable, REAL leadoff hitter.  Or a second-hole
hitter so Alomar moves to leadoff.  Devon should be bumped back down to
8 or 9...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Chad 'Mr.B' Jackson - "And they'll never see the likes of us again. . ."     -
- Perry Field Veteran -    -- Genesis, "Driving The Last Spike"                -
- And A Darn Nice Guy ----------------------------------------------------------
- Saints & Blue Jays, a Match made in Heaven (Or at least Gainesville, Fla.)   -
- Gator Baseball '93, Best Darn Scoreboard Graphics This Side Of DiamondVision -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by John Franjio » Thu, 10 Dec 1992 02:13:33

Quote:

>Via ESPN (Your Face) SportsCenter..
>Joe Carter re-signs with the Blue Jays for 3 years + 4th option year,
>roughly 20 mil.
>Also, after Milwaukee offered him arbitration, Paul Molitor jumped ship and
>signed with the Blue Jays for a two year deal.
>Molitor now gives the Jays a viable, REAL leadoff hitter.  Or a second-hole
>hitter so Alomar moves to leadoff.  Devon should be bumped back down to
>8 or 9...

I agree.  I would do something like:

Alomar, Molitor, Olerud, Carter, Bell, Gruber, Borders, Lee, White

Flip-flop 1&2, or 3&4 if you like.  However, I'm afraid that the Jays
don't want Olerud in the 3 or 4 spot, so they might do something like:

White, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud, Gruber, Bell, Borders, Lee

Has anyone heard a planned batting order?

John Franjione

 
 
 

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by HO ROBERT ANDR » Thu, 10 Dec 1992 04:12:23

Quote:

>I agree.  I would do something like:

>Alomar, Molitor, Olerud, Carter, Bell, Gruber, Borders, Lee, White

>Flip-flop 1&2, or 3&4 if you like.  However, I'm afraid that the Jays
>don't want Olerud in the 3 or 4 spot, so they might do something like:

>White, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud, Gruber, Bell, Borders, Lee

>Has anyone heard a planned batting order?

>John Franjione

Cito Gaston was quoted in the Toronto Sun as saying "I always thought
Milwaukee wasted him when they batted him leadoff... We might hit him
third.  Maybe fourth."  My best guess is that White will still hit
leadoff next year, and I think that Cito likes having Carter hit in
the third spot in the order.  So, you're looking at White, Alomar,
Carter, Molitor, Olerud, Gruber, Borders, Bell, Lee or some variation
thereof.  I hope this doesn't happen, but it looks like it might.

--
Robert Ho
Univ. of Toronto


 
 
 

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by Bruce M Has » Thu, 10 Dec 1992 06:59:00


Quote:

>>Via ESPN (Your Face) SportsCenter..

>>Joe Carter re-signs with the Blue Jays for 3 years + 4th option year,
>>roughly 20 mil.

>>Also, after Milwaukee offered him arbitration, Paul Molitor jumped ship and
>>signed with the Blue Jays for a two year deal.

>>Molitor now gives the Jays a viable, REAL leadoff hitter.  Or a second-hole
>>hitter so Alomar moves to leadoff.  Devon should be bumped back down to
>>8 or 9...

>I agree.  I would do something like:

>Alomar, Molitor, Olerud, Carter, Bell, Gruber, Borders, Lee, White

>Flip-flop 1&2, or 3&4 if you like.  However, I'm afraid that the Jays
>don't want Olerud in the 3 or 4 spot, so they might do something like:

>White, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud, Gruber, Bell, Borders, Lee

>Has anyone heard a planned batting order?

>John Franjione

        I haven't heard one yet.  But I'd be willing to bet the Jays start
the season with White leading off.  Really.  I think Cito's that dumb--if
he wouldn't lead off Alomar, why would he lead off Molly?
        This is depressing.  Molitor is a MUCH better investment than Winfield.
        Well, at least the Jays resigned Carter...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

        100 Better Ideas than Playing Bill Ripken (an ongoing saga)
             76.  "Horn Breaks for Second!!!"

 
 
 

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by Some Gu » Thu, 10 Dec 1992 18:28:26


Quote:

>Cito Gaston was quoted in the Toronto Sun as saying "I always thought
>Milwaukee wasted [Molitor] when they batted him leadoff... We might hit him
>third.  Maybe fourth."  My best guess is that White will still hit
>leadoff next year, and I think that Cito likes having Carter hit in
>the third spot in the order.  So, you're looking at White, Alomar,
>Carter, Molitor, Olerud, Gruber, Borders, Bell, Lee or some variation
>thereof.  I hope this doesn't happen, but it looks like it might.

Ah.  The Johnny Oates School of Lineup Construction.

I guess I'll run it through the lineup toy, and see if Cito's onto something,
or just on something.  Bye for now...

--

TONIGHT-On a very special episode of "The Fractal Gourmet", Chef Mandelbrot
 prepares "Chaossoulet".  Afterwards, check out "The Falkland Island War". This
 week, Part II: Their Finest Minute...                   The Book of Sequels...

 
 
 

Carter stays, Molitor's a Blue Jay!

Post by Some Gu » Thu, 10 Dec 1992 18:54:18


Quote:

>>the third spot in the order.  So, you're looking at White, Alomar,
>>Carter, Molitor, Olerud, Gruber, Borders, Bell, Lee or some variation
>>thereof.  I hope this doesn't happen, but it looks like it might.

>Ah.  The Johnny Oates School of Lineup Construction.

>I guess I'll run it through the lineup toy, and see if Cito's onto something,
>or just on something.  Bye for now...

I'm back...

The Lineup Toy gives the following "best" lineup:

Alomar, Molitor, Olerud, Carter, Bell, Gruber/Sprague, White, Borders, Lee.

Looks like an 800 run offense to me...

--

TONIGHT-On a very special episode of "The Fractal Gourmet", Chef Mandelbrot
 prepares "Chaossoulet".  Afterwards, check out "The Falkland Island War". This
 week, Part II: Their Finest Minute...                   The Book of Sequels...