(1) Tony LaRussa's Mouth Speed. This would be useful for keeping track
of which of his players he's currently browbeating in the press,
and how serious he is about it. I think Giambi, Gates, and
Henderson would be particularly interested in this.
(2) Dave Leiper's stats after leaving the A's. Actually, *I* have these.
I just doubt that the A's organization does. Lessee... a LH setup
guy who can actually get lefties out... No, dump him, and let
Eck pitch to lefties, who, on average, hit against him as if they
were Albert Belle in a typical year. This, of course, is not a new
(3) How many *** one has to take to perceive Jose Herrera as a
(4) The dollars per time on base the A's paid Ruben Sierra while he
was in an Oakland uniform.
(5) Number of television sets destroyed on August 31, 1992. Of course,
we'll be reaping the benefits of trading our franchise player for
soiled roof thatch for many years, right?
(6) How many compromising photos of Sandy Alderson Eric Helfand has in
his position. It's gotta be a huge number. Otherwise, he'd be
flipping burgers at Chubby Burger.
(7) How much mescaline does one have to chomp in order to consider
re-signing Todd Stottlemyre?
If you can help with these or other relevant A's statistics, I'd be
Thanks for your help in this pressing matter.
W Gary Huckabay W "Is it ready?" "Nope. Maybe start of the year, at the W
A "More spry than A earliest." "Damn. How was the 'party?'" "Good. Jerry A
H 75% of Daves." H wasn't there, but Ty and Doug were." "And I've got a H
# # bad knee." "I gave Ty your best, and he sent a demo." ## # "Yes! Fire it up!" "I can't. I gave it away for a ## phone number." "When I heal, you're a dead man." -GH&MR #
12. Stats web site?