Bulls Sign Salley?

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by Christopher Scott Campbe » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>According to WMVP in Chicago, the Bulls have signed John Salley.  I don't
>understand this move.  Why would the contending team want a player even
>an expansion team released?  I guess they acknowledging the fact that they
>have ***ed up again in the draft.  They don't have a decent back up
>to Rodman, just in case is blows up or gets in foul trouble in the playoffs.

I believe the main reason that he was released in the first place
was his rather large salary. What I think you really missed though
as according to everyone else, it's just a ten-day contract.   Get
a grip.  

Chris

--
Christopher Scott Campbell      *  There's not enough space here to

                                *  and charming wit, so just give me the
ArchE and Skiing(It's Winter)   *  benefit of the doubt, okay?

 
 
 

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by Basuki Sugiar » Wed, 06 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> According to WMVP in Chicago, the Bulls have signed John Salley.  I don't
> understand this move.  Why would the contending team want a player even
> an expansion team released?  I guess they acknowledging the fact that they
> have ***ed up again in the draft.  They don't have a decent back up
> to Rodman, just in case is blows up or gets in foul trouble in the playoffs.

You are wrong in one thing, the Raptors did not release John Salley, he
bought out his contract the get out of Toronto.

And John is a decent player for backup. His championship experiences with
Detroit are the thing that the Bulls are interested in. He knows what it
takes to win. I am a Bulls fan and I am happy that he joins my team.

Quote:
> --
> Rajan Sarma                                        Da Bulls!!    Da Cubs!!
> Bio-engineering/LAS at UIUC                        Da Bears!!    Da Hawks!!
> Computer Support Specialist - INHS         Only MY Opinions Expressed!!

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


 University of Arizona          URL: http://SportToday.org/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by Rajan Sar » Wed, 06 Mar 1996 04:00:00

According to WMVP in Chicago, the Bulls have signed John Salley.  I don't
understand this move.  Why would the contending team want a player even
an expansion team released?  I guess they acknowledging the fact that they
have ***ed up again in the draft.  They don't have a decent back up
to Rodman, just in case is blows up or gets in foul trouble in the playoffs.

--
Rajan Sarma                                     Da Bulls!!    Da Cubs!!
Bio-engineering/LAS at UIUC                     Da Bears!!    Da Hawks!!
Computer Support Specialist - INHS              Only MY Opinions Expressed!!

 
 
 

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by <U23.. » Thu, 07 Mar 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>I was under the impression that the bulls signed Salley only to a ten day
>contract mainly because Bill Wennington has some sort of injury.  In this
>sense, it seems like a pretty logical move.

Exactly.  GM Jerry Krause wanted to see if Salley could provide the Bulls with
a little more interior defense.  It didn't really cost the Bulls anything to
pick up Salley, seeing as they don't have to pick up his salary.

Salley has been out of basketball for about a couple of months so I think it
will take more than 10 days to see what he can really do!

BTW, there's nothing wrong with Wennington.  Teams do this kind of thing all
the time.  They maneuver throughout the season sometimes bringing in certain
players (James Edwards, John Salley, Jack Haley) for tryouts or other reasons.

They can do this pretty much until the playoffs when they have to go with 12.

Chuck Anderson
Chicago Bulls Fan

 
 
 

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by SC » Sun, 10 Mar 1996 04:00:00

        I believe the reason that Cicago has signed Salley is because of
the fact that he was with Dennis Rodman in Detroit when they won there
championships and they were viewed as the 'brawlers' so maybe in the
playoffs if things get a little rough (like when Chicago played the
Knicks a few years ago) they'll have some added power to help kick some butt!

        GO THE BULLS!!

 
 
 

Bulls Sign Salley?

Post by Eri » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>        I believe the reason that Cicago has signed Salley is because of
>the fact that he was with Dennis Rodman in Detroit when they won there
>championships and they were viewed as the 'brawlers' so maybe in the
>playoffs if things get a little rough (like when Chicago played the
>Knicks a few years ago) they'll have some added power to help kick some butt!

Of course, back then the Bulls fans tried to pretend the Bulls
were above that (brawling).

I only wish five years ago I could have said "Oh yeah, well in
five years you guys will have Rodman, Salley, and Edwards on your
team and you'll say you love them!"

--Eric