Disclaimer: I am not soliciting requests to put together an *illegal*
*** pool which would discredit such an honorable institution as
I was discussing with some friends about different ways they have
other people put together betting pools for 64 team, single
elimination championships. While all were quite creative, I'm
looking for a way to put together a pool which would meet the
- The results of every single game would affect all participants
in the pool (so an individual wouldn't say "this game is
meaningless becuase it doesn't affect my standing in the pool")
- One could not win by picking only the favorites.
- The point spread of each game doesn't matter - All that matters
are wins & losses.
- At least half the people in the pool are still in the running
for the prize by the beginning of final four day. Everyone is
still in the money for the sweet 16.
- at least 16 people can participate.
- each person going in has an equal chance of being the winner, and
the order which people go in has no bearing (first in is no
- people don't all have to go in at the same time.
If anyone has such a system, please forward the details to me via
e-mail or by posting to this newsgroup.
Adam Ginsberg MTS, Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
2011 North Shoreline Blvd,17L-171, Mountain View, CA 94039-7311