Scott Burrell info

Scott Burrell info

Post by Robert C Hi » Tue, 01 Nov 1994 01:36:30


I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
at times this preseason.  Any Hornets fans that can give insight will be
appreciated.

Philly Rob

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Matt Turve » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 06:21:23


Quote:

> I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
> get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
> are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
> up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
> at times this preseason.

        How many other small forwards does C***te have? Like None.
Curry's a 2, Hawk's a 2, Gatt's a 4, and the only guy who could play the
position, Newman was shipped last season.
        Has to be Burrell.

MattT

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Robert C Hi » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 09:57:18



Quote:
>    How many other small forwards does C***te have? Like None.
>Curry's a 2, Hawk's a 2, Gatt's a 4, and the only guy who could play the
>position, Newman was shipped last season.
>    Has to be Burrell.

Gattison's a 4? I didn't know that.  What ever happened to Mr Instant offense,
Eddie Johnson, and David Wingate?

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by fggri.. » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 15:04:18

Quote:


>> I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
>> get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
>> are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
>> up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
>> at times this preseason.

>    How many other small forwards does C***te have? Like None.
> Curry's a 2, Hawk's a 2, Gatt's a 4, and the only guy who could play the
> position, Newman was shipped last season.
>    Has to be Burrell.

> MattT

Doesn't David Wingate play small forward?  Or did he jump ship as well?

--Rick

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Edward Neal Ha » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 01:39:54

Yes Gatt is a 4.  Eddie Johnson was not re-signed
when his contract expired, and David Wingate
(who is really a 2/3 ***) has played sparingly
in the pre-season because of his chronic knee
problems.
 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by buzby jonn walt » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 06:01:57


: Yes Gatt is a 4.  Eddie Johnson was not re-signed
: when his contract expired, and David Wingate
: (who is really a 2/3 ***) has played sparingly
: in the pre-season because of his chronic knee
: problems.

Didn't they draft Darrin Hancock?  I seem to remember hearing about him
having a very good preseason, and I'm pretty sure he's a small forward as
well.

Jonn

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Nathan Cimba » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 02:36:33



Quote:

>I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
>get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
>are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
>up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
>at times this preseason.  Any Hornets fans that can give insight will be
>appreciated.

        Burrell should be the starting small foward this year. Curry
        will get backup minutes there and behind Hawkins, though
        Hawk will just play the 2 guard, and Gattison will play
        more than enough minutes at power foward. Ideally LJ will
        play at SF down the strecth of big games with Grandpapa at
        center and Zo at pf.talk c





 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by David E. Colem » Mon, 07 Nov 1994 08:20:01



: >
: >I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
: >get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
: >are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
: >up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
: >at times this preseason.  Any Hornets fans that can give insight will be
: >appreciated.

:       Burrell should be the starting small foward this year. Curry
:       will get backup minutes there and behind Hawkins, though
:       Hawk will just play the 2 guard, and Gattison will play
:       more than enough minutes at power foward. Ideally LJ will
:       play at SF down the strecth of big games with Grandpapa at
:       center and Zo at pf.talk c



Did you see Scott Burrell's monsterdunk in the opener?
It sure had the announcers impressed. I think that was
a bit Jordanesque in style.

   ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

PO Box 151426                                   Graduate Astronomy
San Diego, CA 92175                             San Diego State University
   ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Wood » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 01:04:14


Quote:
>I need some information on C***te swingman Scott Burrell.  Is going to
>get alot of minutes at Small forward?  Might he even start?  I know there
>are other veterans around like Gattison, Curry, and Hawkins who will take
>up some of his minutes, but he has seemed excellent, if not spectacular,
>at times this preseason.  Any Hornets fans that can give insight will be
>appreciated.

>Philly Rob

Burrell is the small forward starter here. Others are right in saying the
Hornets don't have too many options other than Burrell. Eddie Johnson
played 2 and 3 for the HOrnets last year but is playing in europe this year.
Curry plays some 3 (which is possible in the passing game) as does LJ. Rookie
SF Darrin Hancock has shown he has springs in his legs but is still pretty
much a project at this point. Gattison mainly is 4/5-type player...doesn't
really play the 3 position.

Actually, Burrell has done quite well. We can't make a case for NBA
most-improved player for him yet, but he's easily the most improved Hornet!
He actually was leading the team in scoring for the first game or two
and really LIKES to play defense. The Hornets won't be as weak at SF as
you might have thought...especially if LJ gets some minutes there too.

Woody Johnson

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Wood » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 01:05:28

ALso, David Wingate is there and can play small forward but has bad knees
as somebody else mentioned.

Woody

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Owen P O'Mall » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 23:30:30

Quote:

>Burrell is the small forward starter here. Others are right

in saying the>Hornets don't have too many options other than Burrell. Eddie
Johnson>played 2 and 3 for the HOrnets last year but is playing in europe
this year.>Curry plays some 3 (which is possible in the passing game) as
does LJ. Rookie>SF Darrin Hancock has shown he has springs in his legs but
is still pretty>much a project at this point. Gattison mainly is 4/5-type
player...doesn't>really play the 3 position.

Quote:

>Actually, Burrell has done quite well. We can't make a case for NBA
>most-improved player for him yet, but he's easily the most improved Hornet!
>He actually was leading the team in scoring for the first game or two
>and really LIKES to play defense. The Hornets won't be as weak at SF as
>you might have thought...especially if LJ gets some minutes there too.

  Woody,
        Has there been any reports about the Hornets using the $1.2 million
salary slot to either sign or acquire anouther forward? Burrell is a fine
player, but he's been banged up lately and Hancock has been starting. L.J.
has been getting some minutes at SF, but he still seems better suited to PF.
 The Hornets have a pretty good rotation at SF, but with team getting off to
a sluggish start, I'm wondering if the front office wants to utilize that
salary slot.

Owen

 
 
 

Scott Burrell info

Post by Wood » Thu, 08 Dec 1994 02:36:52


Quote:
>  Woody,
>        Has there been any reports about the Hornets using the $1.2 million
>salary slot to either sign or acquire anouther forward? Burrell is a fine
>player, but he's been banged up lately and Hancock has been starting. L.J.
>has been getting some minutes at SF, but he still seems better suited to PF.
> The Hornets have a pretty good rotation at SF, but with team getting off to
>a sluggish start, I'm wondering if the front office wants to utilize that
>salary slot.

>Owen

Owen,

The Hornets do have a $1.1 million slot that was occupied by Eddie Johnson
last year. They've been mum on how they plan to use this but as I understand
it, they have to use it this season or use it. The other issue is, who's
out there, that's worth signing to aocntract that size? I don't know the
answer to that.

By the way, Burrell, LJ, Zo, Morurning are healthy now. Rumor has it that
Tom Tolbert has started practicing again and will likely be back this
month sometime, so that will help the forward situation for the Hornets.

The Hornets really have had bigger problems keeping PGs healthy with Bogues
and his groin pulls, Adams and his Hammie problems and Bennett with his foot
problems. All three were out for the recent Hornet-Hawk game. I was kind of
amazed the Bugs won!

Adams IS flying with the Hornets on their Western road trip this week, so
he MIGHT play as early as tonight (against Utah), Thursday (against Houston),
or Saturday (against Dallas). I hope so because Muggsy reinjured his groin
against the CLips last night!

One other problem, Gattison is out for the season due to a cervical spine injury
causing him to lose feeling/strength in his arms.

Woody