Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Post by hisAIRn.. » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00


John i agree with what youre saying . Evander has seemed to handle
adversity very well , alhtough I dont think that is why he beat Mike
Tyson. I think Evander wanted it more , but also had the skills (and
chin) to back it up. In my eyes I think Evander is one of the best ever
( if not the best) -who knows? He sure has been good for boxing and a
role model of sorts. Evander is the "man " now , but until someone else
can beat Tyson , Mikes still #2.

                             Take Care

 
 
 

Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Post by cheehuahu » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> John i agree with what youre saying . Evander has seemed to handle
> adversity very well , alhtough I dont think that is why he beat Mike
> Tyson. I think Evander wanted it more , but also had the skills (and
> chin) to back it up. In my eyes I think Evander is one of the best ever
> ( if not the best) -who knows? He sure has been good for boxing and a
> role model of sorts. Evander is the "man " now , but until someone else
> can beat Tyson , Mikes still #2.

>                              Take Care

 Untill Evander Beats Lennox ... Evander is number Two... so that would
make Tyson MAYBE and Thats Abig MAYBE nuber 4, behind Ray Mercer.

I Cheehuahua

 
 
 

Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Post by Nelson Patenau » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>  Untill Evander Beats Lennox ... Evander is number Two... so that would
> make Tyson MAYBE and Thats Abig MAYBE nuber 4, behind Ray Mercer.

  Chee, if more people thought like you the world would be a much better
and more happy place :-}  But you gotta get Tyson out of there K?

-----------------------------------------------------------------      
  Nelson Patenaude      "Maybe all I need besides my pills and surgery
  Carleton University    is a new metaphor for reality."

  "We care a lot about the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie
   We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye."

         Syracuse Orangemen 1996 Gator Bowl Champions


----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Post by BGMiddle » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

So let me get this straight.......I am a figher and I have a strong belief in
God. But God MUST dissapprove of my lifestyle because I participate in a sport
that is so ***.  Hmmmm....does that mean I will have to stand on line with
every football, hockey and rugby player in the world to get into hell? While
other non*** goody goodies like child molesters, thieves and con men who
steal money from the sick and the old get to waltz to the Pearly Gates of
Heaven? Man where did my life go wrong?

GIVE ME A HUGE BREAK!  Who are we to judge what God thinks? When did he say
that he dissapproved of *** in all forms? Crack a bible once in a while,
it is "chuck full 'o' ***" much of it perpertrated by God himself.  I
suppose George Foreman (an ordained Minister) is looked upon badly in Gods eyes
because he is in a *** business.  While God favors non*** business
practices such as child porography?

Let me tell you what I tell every YAHOO who tries to tell me what God thinks.
You and I dont know what God thinks. We are not put here on earth to judge
people, that is left to God when the time comes. If Evander is a fake he will
be dealt with at the proper time and place. But it sure isnt up to you or I to
FORCE our belief and interpret the Bible to suit our opinions. Let people live
they way they chose and hold your own beliefs in your heart.

MIKE

 
 
 

Do you think this is why Evander Holyfeld has done so well in b...

Post by elvis.. » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Chee, you just can help being clueless.  You clearly don't understand boxing
if you think that for a minute the RAY MERCER might be better than Mike Tyson.
You do remember the first person to beat Mercer, right?  42 year old Larry
Holmes pounded him.  Mercer has never been much more than a durable target for
other heavywieghts.  You simply can't remove your partisan-ship from
analytical thought.  You will see Tyson wreck all the heavyweights once again
(including your precious Lewis) until he runs into the only human on the
planet that can beat him:  Evander Holyfield.



Quote:


> >  Untill Evander Beats Lennox ... Evander is number Two... so that would
> > make Tyson MAYBE and Thats Abig MAYBE nuber 4, behind Ray Mercer.

>   Chee, if more people thought like you the world would be a much better
> and more happy place :-}  But you gotta get Tyson out of there K?

> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>   Nelson Patenaude      "Maybe all I need besides my pills and surgery
>   Carleton University    is a new metaphor for reality."

>   "We care a lot about the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie
>    We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye."

>          Syracuse Orangemen 1996 Gator Bowl Champions


> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/   Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading