Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by Nick At Nit » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00


According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
nonsense ??

Nick At Nite
Who is staying retired

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by ERIC OVERT » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
>Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
>it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
>nonsense ??

>Nick At Nite
>Who is staying retired

I could have sworn that Sugar Ray said that he was definitely
not fighting when they asked him on USA TNF the night
he commentated during the Duran-Camacho fight.

Eric

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by David M. Murp » Mon, 05 Aug 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
>Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
>it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
>nonsense ??

>Nick At Nite
>Who is staying retired

Nick-
     After the Norris fight,Leonard said "I guess it took a fight like
this to show me that it just isn't there anymore"....Five years later,
I guess his memory of that night has faded.I got the feeling that if
Duran had won we'd definitely be seeing Leonard-Duran IV.Some guys just
don't know when to quit.
                        Dave

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by David Mande » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:



>>According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
>>Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
>>it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
>>nonsense ??

>>Nick At Nite
>>Who is staying retired

>Nick-
>     After the Norris fight,Leonard said "I guess it took a fight like
>this to show me that it just isn't there anymore"....Five years later,
>I guess his memory of that night has faded.I got the feeling that if
>Duran had won we'd definitely be seeing Leonard-Duran IV.Some guys just
>don't know when to quit.
>                        Dave

  Maybe  Ray Leonard will book a fight with Nino Benvenuti after the
Camacho fight. Or perhaps Emile Griffith is available.
 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by Steve Ange » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
>Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
>it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
>nonsense ??
>Nick At Nite
>Who is staying retired

I just hope he beats the tar outa Camahco especially after the awful
Duran-Camacho decision.

Steve

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by UNIONLI » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hey, this fight would have sucked seven years ago!! I'll nevewr watch it.
Maybe it will just go away!

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by Derrick Brasslet » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> I could have sworn that Sugar Ray said that he was definitely
> not fighting when they asked him on USA TNF the night
> he commentated during the Duran-Camacho fight.

As others have pointed out (I'm not sure if it was in this thread) SRL
has gone down this road many times before. He has no credibility, at
least not in this area.  

To be fair, many other boxer have done the same "I'm retired"..."I'm
comin' back" routine.  I wish I could say that no one would watch him
fight Camacho but unfortunately I know that's not true.  No wonder he's
coming back, with all the suckers that'll pay to see this mess.

Derrick

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by fras.. » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Sugar Ray should get a life and stay retired.  Beating Camacho
would prove nothing.  All these come backs of take away the
attention from the new sensational fighters such as DeLahoya,
Barrera etc.  Time for new ***, say goodbye to Sugar and
George and all the others.

 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by David Mande » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Sugar Ray should get a life and stay retired.  Beating Camacho
>would prove nothing.  All these come backs of take away the
>attention from the new sensational fighters such as DeLahoya,
>Barrera etc.  Time for new ***, say goodbye to Sugar and
>George and all the others.

Maybe Ray will take on Tony Zale next. Perhaps Joey Giardello
after that. And who knows, Bob Foster may be on tap for Sugar Ray.
Old timers days are fine for baseball, but sick for boxing
 
 
 

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Camacho UGH !!!!

Post by fzabo » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>According to Espnet.sportszone, Mr Leonard is considering fighting
>Camacho sometime in the fall. Just the fact that he's considering
>it makes it a 50-50 chance of it happening. Could you believe this
>nonsense ??

>Nick At Nite
>Who is staying retired

I guess SRL fight with Ron Lyle has been cancelled then...

-Rob