A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by KuramaY » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00


     What this sport needs is a great white hope.  Well he dosen't have to even
be white really, just able to beat Lewis.  Because with Lewis on the throne,
the HW division and boxing with it is suffering.  Lewis has the charisma of
castrated mountain gorilla carcass, freshly killed and about to be sold to the
black market..        Something has to be done to bring boxing back from it's
cave.  What we need is a charismatic heavyweight champ.  I thought Tua had a
chance, but I was wrong.  Tyson?  Forget it.  He has half the chance Tua has.
The list of names go on and all of them are outgunned by Lewis' staggering
arsenal.  The thing is, we have a *** heavyweight champ who is half as
exciting to watch as Larry Holmes, and has 1/3 of his charisma.  Unforunately,
he is not only boring to watch, but he is also horribly efficient.  A deadly
combination to the fans, and for boxing in general.  Maybe if he retires, HW
boxing can be saved.  If not, than it is time to look in the lighter divisions
for entertainment because you won't find any here.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
It's the size of the fight in the dog!
((Uness...it's a big dog with a lot of fight.  Than you're screwed))

http://SportToday.org/  By visiting you can feed the needy for free.

 
 
 

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by Greg Davi » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Boxing saved! What's to save? The mere fact that Lewis is on top will ensure
a large audience, because many out there like you, will want to see Lewis
beat. They'll want to be there when it happens. Don't worry, Lewis is 35. I
can't see him fighting after he turns 38 or so. Not only that but Gen X is
in it's prime right now....I guess they didn't take to boxing like previous
generations, maybe the generation behind them.

Tus -vs- Tyson. Now that would be a fight!! If Tua wins then give him
another shot against Lewis.


Quote:
>      What this sport needs is a great white hope.  Well he dosen't have to
even
> be white really, just able to beat Lewis.  Because with Lewis on the
throne,
> the HW division and boxing with it is suffering.  Lewis has the charisma
of
> castrated mountain gorilla carcass, freshly killed and about to be sold to
the
> black market..        Something has to be done to bring boxing back from
it's
> cave.  What we need is a charismatic heavyweight champ.  I thought Tua had
a
> chance, but I was wrong.  Tyson?  Forget it.  He has half the chance Tua
has.
> The list of names go on and all of them are outgunned by Lewis' staggering
> arsenal.  The thing is, we have a *** heavyweight champ who is half
as
> exciting to watch as Larry Holmes, and has 1/3 of his charisma.
Unforunately,
> he is not only boring to watch, but he is also horribly efficient.  A
deadly
> combination to the fans, and for boxing in general.  Maybe if he retires,
HW
> boxing can be saved.  If not, than it is time to look in the lighter
divisions
> for entertainment because you won't find any here.

> It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
> It's the size of the fight in the dog!
> ((Uness...it's a big dog with a lot of fight.  Than you're screwed))

> http://SportToday.org/  By visiting you can feed the needy for free.


 
 
 

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by John Fri » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:21:15

How about Tye Fields?

In all seriousness though, I disagree about Lewis being more boring
than Larry Holmes. Lewis was extremely boring against Tua, but that
does not represent his typical fight. The Grant, Golota, Botha and
Briggs fights were much more exciting. Even the fights against Evander
were more exciting than a typical larry Holmes fight.

Quote:

>     What this sport needs is a great white hope.  Well he dosen't have to even
>be white really, just able to beat Lewis.  Because with Lewis on the throne,
>the HW division and boxing with it is suffering.  Lewis has the charisma of
>castrated mountain gorilla carcass, freshly killed and about to be sold to the
>black market..        Something has to be done to bring boxing back from it's
>cave.  What we need is a charismatic heavyweight champ.  I thought Tua had a
>chance, but I was wrong.  Tyson?  Forget it.  He has half the chance Tua has.
>The list of names go on and all of them are outgunned by Lewis' staggering
>arsenal.  The thing is, we have a *** heavyweight champ who is half as
>exciting to watch as Larry Holmes, and has 1/3 of his charisma.  Unforunately,
>he is not only boring to watch, but he is also horribly efficient.  A deadly
>combination to the fans, and for boxing in general.  Maybe if he retires, HW
>boxing can be saved.  If not, than it is time to look in the lighter divisions
>for entertainment because you won't find any here.

>It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
>It's the size of the fight in the dog!
>((Uness...it's a big dog with a lot of fight.  Than you're screwed))

>http://SportToday.org/  By visiting you can feed the needy for free.


 
 
 

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by Dosu » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:09:18

Quote:
>The mere fact that Lewis is on top will ensure
>a large audience, because many out there like you, will want to see Lewis
>beat.

Yeah right, people will want to see him beat, but they aren't gonna pay $49 for
a ppv to watch him try and win on points.
 
 
 

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by Mike Hal » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>>The mere fact that Lewis is on top will ensure
>>a large audience, because many out there like you, will want to see Lewis
>>beat.
>Yeah right, people will want to see him beat, but they aren't gonna pay $49
for
>a ppv to watch him try and win on points.

They will if he fights only in England.  The cry will go out, "Bring the
belts back to
America!" and xenophobia will rase the PPV takeup rate.  There'd be far less
booing too as the English public would be happy seeing Johnny Foreigner
getting
beat on points.  Yeah these are WWF tactics but people appear to want this
sort
of shit now.

Mike Hall

 
 
 

A new "Great White Hope" for HW boxing!

Post by Dosu » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>Yeah right, people will want to see him beat, but they aren't gonna pay $49
>for
>>a ppv to watch him try and win on points.

>They will if he fights only in England.  

Man he couldn't even sell out the stadium on his return there earlier this
year. All the money is in fights in the US anyways, he already said that was
his last fight there.