Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Nicholas » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:16:52


With the HW division getting credible fighters from all over the world now,
who is the next Great American Hero?

-Nick

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by DeadAndRestle » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:26:33

Quote:
>With the HW division getting credible fighters from all over the world now,
>who is the next Great American Hero?

Malik Scott, if he ever gets his shit together. Nigeria has the benefit of a
pretty evil gov't run boxing program. The USSR and its republics are kinda the
same. So for the far future, Eastern Europe and Africa are gonna own the US in
boxing. Not necessarily a bad thing if we get more Ike Ibeabuchis and
Klitschkos. Hell, Chagaev and Dimtrienko are fighting tommorrow night. There's
a good set of guys who will be fronting the heavyweight division in 3-4 years.

-
 Alan

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Charles Beaucham » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:31:03

Quote:

> With the HW division getting credible fighters from all over the
> world now, who is the next Great American Hero?

> -Nick

I can think of around 100,000 hero's in a really *** place right now.

--
v/r Beau

I am right.  You are wrong.  Quit arguing with me.

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Dlasl » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:39:45



Quote:
> With the HW division getting credible fighters from all over the world
> now, who is the next Great American Hero?

> -Nick

Sports Illustrated predicts the USA won't win a single gold at the Olympics  
this year -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/medal.picks/sport/boxi...
l

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by The Sanity Cruze » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:39:10


Quote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:31:03 -0700, "Charles Beauchamp"

> >I can think of around 100,000 hero's in a really *** place right now.

> Yeah, I feel sorry for those Benjamins sitting in a pocket next to
>*** Cheney's ass, too.

Some people throw around the term "hero" as if it were nothing more than the
name of a sandwich.
 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Melanie Le » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:45:03



Quote:


>> With the HW division getting credible fighters from all over the world
>> now, who is the next Great American Hero?

>> -Nick

>Sports Illustrated predicts the USA won't win a single gold at the Olympics  
>this year -

>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/medal.picks/sport/boxi...

        Are you sure the above is correct?  When I tried to get it,
there wasn't any page.  I would really like to see their assessment -
I think we have a chance for three medals.

        As far as the Super heavy weights go, I only see three names
that I think are good enough to get the gold - and ours is one of
them.  
Mel

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Dlasl » Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:13:33

Here is the corrected link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/medal.picks/sport/boxi...
l

When I cut and paste I left the 'l' out of the 'html'.  

Quote:
>      Are you sure the above is correct?  When I tried to get it,
> there wasn't any page.  I would really like to see their assessment -
> I think we have a chance for three medals.

>      As far as the Super heavy weights go, I only see three names
> that I think are good enough to get the gold - and ours is one of
> them.  
> Mel

 
 
 

Forget the great white hope, were's the Great American Hero?

Post by Ezekia » Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:21:01



Quote:
> Here is the corrected link:

> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/medal.picks/sport/boxing
> .htm l

> When I cut and paste I left the 'l' out of the 'html'.  

>>      Are you sure the above is correct?  When I tried to get it,
>> there wasn't any page.  I would really like to see their assessment -
>> I think we have a chance for three medals.

>>      As far as the Super heavy weights go, I only see three names
>> that I think are good enough to get the gold - and ours is one of
>> them.  
>> Mel

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/medal.picks/sport/boxi...
l

just add an l on there (after htm) if it doesn't work :).