Prince Naz

Prince Naz

Post by jbomb » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00


I saw him for the first time. Hes incredibally quick, has shocking
power and a totally screwball hard to fight style but it seems like
every time he gets hit he gets hurt. I know Tom Johnsons a good puncher
but every shot he hit with seemed to rattle the prince more than it
would most people.
        I think Naz could beat just about anyone at his weight today but I
think in every match he is at rick of getting knocked out. In that
aspect he is kind of like Terry Norris. I see him eventually losing a
shocker to some inferior opponent by one punch knockout.
        It should be exciting, I know Ill be watching. ( I think he could use
getting K.o. d

 
 
 

Prince Naz

Post by David McConach » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> every time he gets hit he gets hurt..

I disagree, Johnson landed no more than 4 telling punches on Naz in
the 8 rounds they fought. These punches would have severely hurt most
featherweights - Ok Naz nearly touched down in the third, but within
seconds had fully recovered.

Don't believe it when people say he's chinny, he has incredibly
strong legs, and can hold a punch better than any fighter I have
seen. he won't be knocked out for a long time.....

 
 
 

Prince Naz

Post by 'Dashing' Nick La Ros » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:


> > every time he gets hit he gets hurt..

> I disagree, Johnson landed no more than 4 telling punches on Naz in
> the 8 rounds they fought. These punches would have severely hurt most
> featherweights

That's a new one. I like that. "I severely hurt him with those
punches...". What is 'severely hurt' for boxing? Knocked out?
Decapitated? Look I'm not trying to have a go at you but your logic.
"Naz has got a good chin because he got hit with only 4 'telling'
punches which would have severely hurt anyone else but supernaz". How
do you know? Why would it have 'severely hurt' someone else but not
Naz? And if naz had such a super chin why as you say in your next
sentence did he nearly 'touch down'? Why was he decked in an earlier
fight? Let's see, one out of 4 punches (your estimate) nearly puts
down naz and he has a superchin?

- Ok Naz nearly touched down in the third, but within

Quote:
> seconds had fully recovered.

He shoudn't have been hit with the punch that nearly decked him in the
first place. Leaving his chin*** out like that when he was
missing Johnson (who was in trouble) on the ropes deserved what he got
(actually a little worse than what he got).

Quote:
> Don't believe it when people say he's chinny, he has incredibly
> strong legs, and can hold a punch better than any fighter I have
> seen.

Gee you mustn't have seen many fighters. Ever see Hagler / Hearns for
example?

Quote:
>he won't be knocked out for a long time.....

It only needs to be for 10 seconds. (-:

Naz has been getting nailed when he shouldn't (if he is that good)
because he doesn't respect his opponents at all. Good chin or not,
this is not a good policy for avoiding close-up canvas inspections.
If he continues to box this way look for more KD's and a KO to be
sooner rather than later.

Nick