What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by Emanuel Ber » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:32:38


I'd say Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (April 13).

Rigondeaux has some 400 amateur fights (including two Olympic Gold
medals) with *twelve* losses - remember how easy it is, both to loose
and to win, in amateur boxing, as it is often so close. Also, on Cuba,
there are no "cab drivers" to fight - well, they might drive cabs as
well, to earn the extra buck from European tourists - point is, they
are all young and fit, some insanely so.

In the few fights I've seen Rigondeaux, he has looked *stunning*:
extreme athleticism, *very* elusive, southpaw, counterpunching with
power.

You all know Donaire, so I won't go on about him. Will his left hook
be devastating to a southpaw, or will the Cuban be able to take that
away from him? I think Mr. Rig's chin is barely tested, in part
because of his short pro career, in part because he is so good.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
Norge, s?ker jobb: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/brev_no.pdf
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573

 
 
 

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by SkippyP » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 01:14:19

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 23:32:38 +0100, Emanuel Berg

Quote:

>I'd say Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (April 13).

>Rigondeaux has some 400 amateur fights (including two Olympic Gold
>medals) with *twelve* losses - remember how easy it is, both to loose
>and to win, in amateur boxing, as it is often so close. Also, on Cuba,
>there are no "cab drivers" to fight - well, they might drive cabs as
>well, to earn the extra buck from European tourists - point is, they
>are all young and fit, some insanely so.

>In the few fights I've seen Rigondeaux, he has looked *stunning*:
>extreme athleticism, *very* elusive, southpaw, counterpunching with
>power.

>You all know Donaire, so I won't go on about him. Will his left hook
>be devastating to a southpaw, or will the Cuban be able to take that
>away from him? I think Mr. Rig's chin is barely tested, in part
>because of his short pro career, in part because he is so good.

On paper Donaire should be heavily favored but he's stumbled before
and if he thinks this fight is going to be a cake walk, the Cuban
could put him down.  In general, Cuban fighters are maybe lacking
finesse but are tough as nails.  This should be interesting.

Regards,
--

          ////
         (o o)
-oOO--(_)--OOo-

My Dictionary:  Doctor: A person who kills your ills by pills,
and kills you by bills.
-- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve

 
 
 

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by DCI » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 03:28:38

Quote:

> On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 23:32:38 +0100, Emanuel Berg


> >I'd say Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (April 13).

> >Rigondeaux has some 400 amateur fights (including two Olympic Gold

> >medals) with *twelve* losses - remember how easy it is, both to loose

> >and to win, in amateur boxing, as it is often so close. Also, on Cuba,

> >there are no "cab drivers" to fight - well, they might drive cabs as

> >well, to earn the extra buck from European tourists - point is, they

> >are all young and fit, some insanely so.

> >In the few fights I've seen Rigondeaux, he has looked *stunning*:

> >extreme athleticism, *very* elusive, southpaw, counterpunching with

> >power.

> >You all know Donaire, so I won't go on about him. Will his left hook

> >be devastating to a southpaw, or will the Cuban be able to take that

> >away from him? I think Mr. Rig's chin is barely tested, in part

> >because of his short pro career, in part because he is so good.

> On paper Donaire should be heavily favored but he's stumbled before

> and if he thinks this fight is going to be a cake walk, the Cuban

> could put him down.  In general, Cuban fighters are maybe lacking

> finesse but are tough as nails.  This should be interesting.

> Regards,

> Steve

Cuban fighters are generally good athletes and use the swarm and mash approach to opponents.

DCI

 
 
 

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by Emanuel Ber » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:39:47

Quote:

> On paper Donaire should be heavily favored but he's stumbled before
> and if he thinks this fight is going to be a cake walk, the Cuban
> could put him down.  In general, Cuban fighters are maybe lacking
> finesse but are tough as nails.  This should be interesting.

The Cuban one-sided focus on amateur boxing makes for another type of
fighter. They are (more) tough, sound Eastern Europeans than expert
black US (or South African) boxers, for sure, but lack of finesse -
well, never mind - regardless of the general Cuban, Rigondeaux is
unique. I'm not exaggerating. If you haven't seen him, look for him in
undercard fights, or possibly on YT, and come back to me with your
thoughts :)

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
Norge, s?ker jobb: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/brev_no.pdf
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573

 
 
 

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by VinnIethekiller Kin » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:17:09

Quote:

> I'd say Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (April 13).

> Rigondeaux has some 400 amateur fights (including two Olympic Gold

> medals) with *twelve* losses - remember how easy it is, both to loose

> and to win, in amateur boxing, as it is often so close. Also, on Cuba,

> there are no "cab drivers" to fight - well, they might drive cabs as

> well, to earn the extra buck from European tourists - point is, they

> are all young and fit, some insanely so.

> In the few fights I've seen Rigondeaux, he has looked *stunning*:

> extreme athleticism, *very* elusive, southpaw, counterpunching with

> power.

> You all know Donaire, so I won't go on about him. Will his left hook

> be devastating to a southpaw, or will the Cuban be able to take that

> away from him? I think Mr. Rig's chin is barely tested, in part

> because of his short pro career, in part because he is so good.

> --

> Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)

> Norge, s?ker jobb: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/brev_no.pdf

> computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

> internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573

mike mollo vs artur szpilka 2 in us cellular field
 
 
 

What is the most interesting upcoming fight?

Post by Emanuel Ber » Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:39:07

Ho ho ho, what do you say guys, was I right or what? :)

Rigondeaux is indeed a Jedi Master. See, it is not that difficult --
you only have to do it all day long, you entire life!

But I wonder if his fight style will ever capture the e***ment of
the everyday fight fans. He is so hard to hit. Like Mayweather, only
he moves.

I was afraid they would rob him as they did Lara and Abril. But thumbs
up to the judges (although I think it was a shootout except the 10-8
round).

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
Norge, s?ker jobb: http://SportToday.org/~embe8573/brev_no.pdf
computer projects: http://SportToday.org/~embe8573
internet activity: http://SportToday.org/