Guzman/Barrios

Guzman/Barrios

Post by deadandrestl.. » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:30:31


A low end fight of the year contender as Guzman dominates Barrios as
entertainingly as can be possible. Barrios refused to quit and absorbed
an inhuman amount of punishment from Pequeno Tyson.
 
 
 

Guzman/Barrios

Post by STRATEG » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:52:01

Quote:

> A low end fight of the year contender as Guzman dominates Barrios as
> entertainingly as can be possible. Barrios refused to quit and absorbed
> an inhuman amount of punishment from Pequeno Tyson.

I can't wait to see this card next week

STRATEGY

 
 
 

Guzman/Barrios

Post by deadandrestl.. » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:16:12

Quote:


> > A low end fight of the year contender as Guzman dominates Barrios as
> > entertainingly as can be possible. Barrios refused to quit and absorbed
> > an inhuman amount of punishment from Pequeno Tyson.

> I can't wait to see this card next week

> STRATEGY

Vazquez/Gonzalez is a war too, BTW. Fantastic PPV.

 
 
 

Guzman/Barrios

Post by southpa » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:10:32


Quote:



>> > A low end fight of the year contender as Guzman dominates Barrios as
>> > entertainingly as can be possible. Barrios refused to quit and absorbed
>> > an inhuman amount of punishment from Pequeno Tyson.

>> I can't wait to see this card next week

>> STRATEGY

>Vazquez/Gonzalez is a war too, BTW. Fantastic PPV.

Pequeno Tyson... I hadn't seen Guzman yet and damn near fell off the
couch laughing. His angry staredown made the likeness that much
better.

Very solid card all around. Barrera and Juarez stunk out the joint,
but not so badly that they soiled the memory of the earlier bouts.
Barrios' ability to absorb punishment is incredible, and this was one
of those fights where even though he lost, he won fans, respect, and
recognition. I felt bad for Gonzalez, but Suarez made the right call.
The kid is only 26, and the last third of that fight had Taylor -
Chavez written all over it.

Guzman is no match for Pacquiao or Barerra, but I'd love to see him in
with JMM.

 
 
 

Guzman/Barrios

Post by deadandrestl.. » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:22:15

Quote:




> >> > A low end fight of the year contender as Guzman dominates Barrios as
> >> > entertainingly as can be possible. Barrios refused to quit and absorbed
> >> > an inhuman amount of punishment from Pequeno Tyson.

> >> I can't wait to see this card next week

> >> STRATEGY

> >Vazquez/Gonzalez is a war too, BTW. Fantastic PPV.

> Pequeno Tyson... I hadn't seen Guzman yet and damn near fell off the
> couch laughing. His angry staredown made the likeness that much
> better.

> Very solid card all around. Barrera and Juarez stunk out the joint,
> but not so badly that they soiled the memory of the earlier bouts.
> Barrios' ability to absorb punishment is incredible, and this was one
> of those fights where even though he lost, he won fans, respect, and
> recognition. I felt bad for Gonzalez, but Suarez made the right call.
> The kid is only 26, and the last third of that fight had Taylor -
> Chavez written all over it.

> Guzman is no match for Pacquiao or Barerra, but I'd love to see him in
> with JMM.

I dunno about that when it comes to Guzman. Guzman's speed would pose
huge problems for Barrera at this stage. He'd probably win a wide
decision. Pacquiao though? That's a fight that belongs at 127, but it
would be phenomenal.
 
 
 

Guzman/Barrios

Post by sneek » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:27:19

Quote:
>> Guzman is no match for Pacquiao or Barerra, but I'd love to see him in
>> with JMM.

> I dunno about that when it comes to Guzman. Guzman's speed would pose
> huge problems for Barrera at this stage. He'd probably win a wide
> decision. Pacquiao though? That's a fight that belongs at 127, but it
> would be phenomenal.

I agree, Guzman is one of the best fighters in the world, he is still
relatively unknown and thats the problem.  He slugged with Barrios, but he
is an excellent boxer.  I would pick him over Barrera as well, but Pacquiao
brings such high intensity.