Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Barringer Custom Cu » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:03:12


Thsi posting email address is a SPAM blocker. Please use our email
address at the end of this post if you wish to email us.

To All Our Friends, Clients & Critics...

The following post is also located on our web site at:
<http://www.BarringerCues.com/talismantips.html>

We Will Not Buy, Sell & Support Talisman Tips

You Should Do The Same

What you are about to read took place during the weeks of February 11,
2003 through March 22, 2003.

Our complaint is with Tony Jones, owner of Talisman Billiards. You
would not believe the email communications that we have been having
these past few weeks. For those of you who are not aware of this
Tony's Talisman tips are manufactured in Thailand where he resides
with his family.

As many of you know, we endeavour to bring you the best prices on all
products available. We bring in thousands of Moori tips and decided to
be a major force with Talisman tips as well. Tony's wholesale pricing
for them are as follows:
100-1000 = $3.40 per
1000-5000 = $3.00 per
5000+ = $2.50

Ok, a very decent fee structure. We decided to take the plunge and buy
the over 5000 quantity to get the $2.50 rate. He will not sell to us
because we, and I quote, "sell on ebay" and he is worried about the
"reaction of his existing customers". Can you believe this statement!
Those were his actual words/excuses. This is America, home of free
enterprise. I am one American who is not going to support a foreigner
with his rules of price fixing; which is an illegal activity in this
country. If you want to sell in this country, then play by the rules.

Ok, after receiving those statements we emailed him again and asked
him to please reconsider his position as we believe we have legal
recourse. Since then, he stated that he had spoken to his attorney
(who he states, "has offices in the USA"). Now his newer excuse it
that he "signed an agreement with a local company that gives exclusive
rights of distribution in certain territories, included in these
territories are all Internet Auction web sites, including Ebay".

He further states that, "This agreement is fully pursuant of Thai law
and has been inspected and certified legal and binding by the Thai
Ministry of Commerce and the Thai Department of Foreign Affairs".

And then he further states, "If you wish to apply to be a dealer of
Talisman products in other non-exclusive territories, we ask that you
send us a letter stating your full agreement to not sell Talisman
products on any Internet Auction web sites and a copy of your business
registration documents".

Does he really think he's going to get away with this nonsense? We are
going to pursue this in the days ahead. Tony states that he has
consulted with his attorney who supposedly has offices in the USA. We
requested his attorney's name, address and phone on March 21, 2003. We
are awaiting his reply which we do not beleive will be forthcoming.

As an interesting aside and an important one at that a few months
back when our friend Tony needed to (and I quote) "raise cash", he
gladly sold to us at the $2.50 level. Our money was good then but his
tub thumping about upsetting his "existing customers" does not hold
water. He wasn't concerned about his "existing customers" then. We
then reordered another quantity at the same $2.50 price and no mention
about his "existing customers".

Ok, now there are some of you who will take Tony's side and say that
he is entitled to sell to whomever he desires. Well, that may be true
but there are things called unfair competition' and price fixing'
involved here. And, let's not forget that he has sold to us on
numerous occasions. Let us not forget that he has sold to us at the
$2.50 price level. That's precedence. We have the emails which
basically state that he wants to control pricing and is afraid that we
may price cut as well as his desire to control where and how they are
sold. That's the bottom line.

If we were able to buy these tips at the $2.50 level, we would no
doubt be able to sell them at much more competitive pricing whereby
saving you (cue makers, repair guys and players) some money but Tony
won't allow us to do that. As a result, you'll be paying higher
fixed' prices and 'controlled' prices.
So, what we propose is that all us Americans band together and boycott
Talisman Tips. We really don't have much to loose and here's why

Talisman Tips were a somewhat good replacement for the Moori when
Moori's were hard to obtain and when their cost was much higher. They
were the perfect tip in their price range. That being said with Moori
so comparably priced on the retail level these days, one would have a
difficult time justifying using a Talisman. Additionally, there are
many other tips out there that are equally as good and better than the
Talisman. Please do not misunderstand us, the Talisman is an ok tip
but certainly not the best' and most certainly not comparable to a
Moori. And, we are not mentioning Moori because we are leading
suppliers of the Moori. Buy from someone else as we don't want your
business in this boycott. We just brought up the Moori as a good
example.

We would also like to say (and we feel that it would not be fair if we
didn't) that Tony is a very nice sort of chap. He has always done the
right thing with us and has always been most gracious. Recently, his
business practices, decisions and ethics, in our opinion, are less
than honourable. If you want to sell in this country, then do so by
the rules of free enterprise and free marketing.
Join with us and boycott Talisman tips. Thank you for reading this and
we will not comment any further on this topic as time is precious.

Remember, why buy Talisman when you can buy the much more superior
Moori Tip for a couple dollars more per tip. There is no comparison
and the Moori are easier to install as they do not shred (when
shaping) as does the Talisman. This is one of the problems with the
Talisman tip as mentioned on the Talisman web site. Installation of a
Talisman requires practice or a professional to do the job correctly.
We have also withdrawn our support of the Talisman tip whereby not
allowing Tony to use our logo and statements as we have previously
allowed him to do.

Wishing all of you the very best.
--
Kind Regards,

Joe Barringer

Barringer Custom Cues
2514 NW Boca Raton Blvd.
Boca Raton, Fl 33431

561.362.5977

Web Site: <http://www.BarringerCues.com>

Politics:
We are Boycotting France & Germany. We will not purchase nor sell to
either country.

Additionally...
The Saudis are boycotting American goods. Let us return the favor. We
are boycotting mid-east oil imports. Everytime I fill my car or
Harley, it is frustrating to think that I am supporting the very
people who are trying to destroy us. Here are the culprits.

We are only purchasing gas at the following stations who import zero
oil from the mid-east: Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips,
Hess.

We will not purchase gas from: Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil,
Marathon/Speedway, Amoco. Join us!

STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM!

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Jim Wyan » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:42:18

Rants work much better when you don't try to intersperse legalize into your
rant.  That said:

A) OK, so the guy's business ethics don't hold up under a microscope.  Do
yours when you consider everybody who may comment?

B) Are you certain he hasn't recently entered into these agreements as a
method to help raise the cash he was after?

C) Did you offer to withhold these from eBay or was that intrinsic in your
decision to buy?

D) While you may think eBay is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the
one thing internet sales continues to do is erode profitability and cause
lots of companies with other value (customer support, etc.) to go out of
business because everybody is purely price shopping.  Maybe he recognizes
the erosion on the sales end is going to trickle back to him when you are
competing with someone to sell these for $2.75 and he doesn't want the
ongoing headaches.

Other than that, your arguments are imperfectly reasonable.

--Jim

On 3/23/03 11:03 PM, in article

Quote:

> Thsi posting email address is a SPAM blocker. Please use our email
> address at the end of this post if you wish to email us.

> To All Our Friends, Clients & Critics...

> The following post is also located on our web site at:
> <http://www.BarringerCues.com/talismantips.html>

> We Will Not Buy, Sell & Support Talisman Tips

> You Should Do The Same

> What you are about to read took place during the weeks of February 11,
> 2003 through March 22, 2003.

> Our complaint is with Tony Jones, owner of Talisman Billiards. You
> would not believe the email communications that we have been having
> these past few weeks. For those of you who are not aware of this
> Tony's Talisman tips are manufactured in Thailand where he resides
> with his family.

> As many of you know, we endeavour to bring you the best prices on all
> products available. We bring in thousands of Moori tips and decided to
> be a major force with Talisman tips as well. Tony's wholesale pricing
> for them are as follows:
> 100-1000 = $3.40 per
> 1000-5000 = $3.00 per
> 5000+ = $2.50

> Ok, a very decent fee structure. We decided to take the plunge and buy
> the over 5000 quantity to get the $2.50 rate. He will not sell to us
> because we, and I quote, "sell on ebay" and he is worried about the
> "reaction of his existing customers". Can you believe this statement!
> Those were his actual words/excuses. This is America, home of free
> enterprise. I am one American who is not going to support a foreigner
> with his rules of price fixing; which is an illegal activity in this
> country. If you want to sell in this country, then play by the rules.

> Ok, after receiving those statements we emailed him again and asked
> him to please reconsider his position as we believe we have legal
> recourse. Since then, he stated that he had spoken to his attorney
> (who he states, "has offices in the USA"). Now his newer excuse it
> that he "signed an agreement with a local company that gives exclusive
> rights of distribution in certain territories, included in these
> territories are all Internet Auction web sites, including Ebay".

> He further states that, "This agreement is fully pursuant of Thai law
> and has been inspected and certified legal and binding by the Thai
> Ministry of Commerce and the Thai Department of Foreign Affairs".

> And then he further states, "If you wish to apply to be a dealer of
> Talisman products in other non-exclusive territories, we ask that you
> send us a letter stating your full agreement to not sell Talisman
> products on any Internet Auction web sites and a copy of your business
> registration documents".

> Does he really think he's going to get away with this nonsense? We are
> going to pursue this in the days ahead. Tony states that he has
> consulted with his attorney who supposedly has offices in the USA. We
> requested his attorney's name, address and phone on March 21, 2003. We
> are awaiting his reply which we do not beleive will be forthcoming.

> As an interesting aside and an important one at that a few months
> back when our friend Tony needed to (and I quote) "raise cash", he
> gladly sold to us at the $2.50 level. Our money was good then but his
> tub thumping about upsetting his "existing customers" does not hold
> water. He wasn't concerned about his "existing customers" then. We
> then reordered another quantity at the same $2.50 price and no mention
> about his "existing customers".

> Ok, now there are some of you who will take Tony's side and say that
> he is entitled to sell to whomever he desires. Well, that may be true
> but there are things called unfair competition' and price fixing'
> involved here. And, let's not forget that he has sold to us on
> numerous occasions. Let us not forget that he has sold to us at the
> $2.50 price level. That's precedence. We have the emails which
> basically state that he wants to control pricing and is afraid that we
> may price cut as well as his desire to control where and how they are
> sold. That's the bottom line.

> If we were able to buy these tips at the $2.50 level, we would no
> doubt be able to sell them at much more competitive pricing whereby
> saving you (cue makers, repair guys and players) some money but Tony
> won't allow us to do that. As a result, you'll be paying higher
> fixed' prices and 'controlled' prices.
> So, what we propose is that all us Americans band together and boycott
> Talisman Tips. We really don't have much to loose and here's why

> Talisman Tips were a somewhat good replacement for the Moori when
> Moori's were hard to obtain and when their cost was much higher. They
> were the perfect tip in their price range. That being said with Moori
> so comparably priced on the retail level these days, one would have a
> difficult time justifying using a Talisman. Additionally, there are
> many other tips out there that are equally as good and better than the
> Talisman. Please do not misunderstand us, the Talisman is an ok tip
> but certainly not the best' and most certainly not comparable to a
> Moori. And, we are not mentioning Moori because we are leading
> suppliers of the Moori. Buy from someone else as we don't want your
> business in this boycott. We just brought up the Moori as a good
> example.

> We would also like to say (and we feel that it would not be fair if we
> didn't) that Tony is a very nice sort of chap. He has always done the
> right thing with us and has always been most gracious. Recently, his
> business practices, decisions and ethics, in our opinion, are less
> than honourable. If you want to sell in this country, then do so by
> the rules of free enterprise and free marketing.
> Join with us and boycott Talisman tips. Thank you for reading this and
> we will not comment any further on this topic as time is precious.

> Remember, why buy Talisman when you can buy the much more superior
> Moori Tip for a couple dollars more per tip. There is no comparison
> and the Moori are easier to install as they do not shred (when
> shaping) as does the Talisman. This is one of the problems with the
> Talisman tip as mentioned on the Talisman web site. Installation of a
> Talisman requires practice or a professional to do the job correctly.
> We have also withdrawn our support of the Talisman tip whereby not
> allowing Tony to use our logo and statements as we have previously
> allowed him to do.

> Wishing all of you the very best.


 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Ptt » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:01:18

I have mix feeling about this issue.
I think Talisman is driven by the dollar.  Barringer is probably their
regular customer and all of a sudden, with this larger order, Talisman is
getting $0.50 less per tip.  Let assume Barringer sells 2500 Talisman tips
per year, so every year Barringer order 2500 tips.  In two years, that would
be $3*5000=$15,000.  With this larger order of 5000 tips, Barringer will be
stocked for 2 years and not have to order annually as before.
$2.5*5000=$12,500.  Talisman suddenly see that he loose $2,500 and start
making excuse to not sell at the posted pricing.  Notice I said regular
customer.  If it was a one time deal, then the thinking might be different.
As for Barringer, if the order went through smoothly at $2.5 a tip, would
the end user actually see the saving.  What would the new price be?
Barringer has bought at $2.5 per tip before.  Was there a price reduction?


Quote:

> > Ok, a very decent fee structure. We decided to take the plunge and buy
> > the over 5000 quantity to get the $2.50 rate. He will not sell to us
> > because we, and I quote, "sell on ebay" and he is worried about the
> > "reaction of his existing customers". Can you believe this statement!
> > Those were his actual words/excuses. This is America, home of free
> > enterprise. I am one American who is not going to support a foreigner
> > with his rules of price fixing; which is an illegal activity in this
> > country. If you want to sell in this country, then play by the rules.

> I say good for Tony... he is looking after his customers, and is not
entirely
> driven by the almighty dollar like some people seem to be. I have heard
bad
> things about the business practices of SOME people, but have always had
good
> dealings with Talisman.

> Sheldon  <----------  will buy extra next time he orders


 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Rich Shewmake » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:00:03

--



Quote:
> We Will Not Buy, Sell & Support Talisman Tips

Does this mean that the cues I ordered will not come with Talisman tips as
specified?

--Rich

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Rob G » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:03:59

I'm curious as to why you quoted this on Moori tips,
">with Moori so comparably priced on the retail level these days"
You advertise a Talisman tip installed for $20.00 on your site,
why don't you have a price on Moori ?
What do they sell for now ?



Quote:
> Thsi posting email address is a SPAM blocker. Please use our email
> address at the end of this post if you wish to email us.

> To All Our Friends, Clients & Critics...

> The following post is also located on our web site at:
> <http://www.BarringerCues.com/talismantips.html>

> We Will Not Buy, Sell & Support Talisman Tips

> You Should Do The Same

(snipped)
 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Karel ter Kui » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:06:39

Joe Barringer wrote

Quote:
> Politics:
> We are Boycotting France & Germany. We will not purchase nor sell to
> either country.

This seems to be very patriotic. Brave man. May i inquire how much of
your business was with these aforementioned states, before you decided
to boycott them?

Quote:
> Additionally...
> The Saudis are boycotting American goods. Let us return the favor. We
> are boycotting mid-east oil imports. Everytime I fill my car or
> Harley, it is frustrating to think that I am supporting the very
> people who are trying to destroy us. Here are the culprits.

> We are only purchasing gas at the following stations who import zero
> oil from the mid-east: Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips,
> Hess.

> We will not purchase gas from: Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil,
> Marathon/Speedway, Amoco. Join us!

Are you sure that you won't be buying any tarnished oil. Are you very
sure you know what you are talking about, when talking about the oil
trade?

Take care

Karel

Quote:

> STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM!

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Jack Stei » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:39:08

Quote:

> Tony's Talisman tips are manufactured in Thailand where he resides
> with his family.

Moori tips are manufactured where?

Quote:
> Ok, a very decent fee structure. We decided to take the plunge and buy
> the over 5000 quantity to get the $2.50 rate. He will not sell to us
> because we, and I quote, "sell on ebay" and he is worried about the
> "reaction of his existing customers". Can you believe this statement!
> Those were his actual words/excuses. This is America, home of free
> enterprise.

I thought most business's did exactly this?  It is as American as apple
pie.

I am one American who is not going to support a foreigner

Quote:
> with his rules of price fixing; which is an illegal activity in this
> country. If you want to sell in this country, then play by the rules.

What rule says you have to sell to anyone who wants to buy from you?
Most, at least plenty of manufacturers only sell through distributors
that they designate as distributors at quantity discounts.

Quote:
> Ok, after receiving those statements we emailed him again and asked
> him to please reconsider his position as we believe we have legal
> recourse. Since then, he stated that he had spoken to his attorney
> (who he states, "has offices in the USA"). Now his newer excuse it
> that he "signed an agreement with a local company that gives exclusive
> rights of distribution in certain territories, included in these
> territories are all Internet Auction web sites, including Ebay".

This sounds like routine business to me?

Quote:
> He further states that, "This agreement is fully pursuant of Thai law
> and has been inspected and certified legal and binding by the Thai
> Ministry of Commerce and the Thai Department of Foreign Affairs".

> And then he further states, "If you wish to apply to be a dealer of
> Talisman products in other non-exclusive territories, we ask that you
> send us a letter stating your full agreement to not sell Talisman
> products on any Internet Auction web sites and a copy of your business
> registration documents".
> Does he really think he's going to get away with this nonsense? We are
> going to pursue this in the days ahead.

Please keep us posted.  I still think this sounds like a normal
manufacturers deal.

Quote:
> Ok, now there are some of you who will take Tony's side and say that
> he is entitled to sell to whomever he desires. Well, that may be true
> but there are things called unfair competition' and price fixing'
> involved here.

Nope, I think "price fixing" would occur if Tony got together with
Moori, La Pro and Triangle and they decided to not sell tips below a
certain amount.  Tony has every right to "fix" the price of his
products, who else do you think should fix the price of HIS stuff?  If
you don't like his price, buy someone else's product.  

Quote:
> And, let's not forget that he has sold to us on
> numerous occasions. Let us not forget that he has sold to us at the
> $2.50 price level. That's precedence.

Ford sold cars at $300 a pop, that was also precedence... what's your
point?

Quote:
> We have the emails which
> basically state that he wants to control pricing and is afraid that we
> may price cut as well as his desire to control where and how they are
> sold. That's the bottom line.

Normal business practice, protect your distributors, control the price
of his product.  He can sell to whomever he chooses, at whatever price
he chooses.

Quote:
> If we were able to buy these tips at the $2.50 level, we would no
> doubt be able to sell them at much more competitive pricing whereby
> saving you (cue makers, repair guys and players) some money but Tony
> won't allow us to do that. As a result, you'll be paying higher
> fixed' prices and 'controlled' prices.

Yes, he sets the price.  He can set the price anywhere he pleases,
$200/tip is legal, it is HIS product, HIS pricing strategy.

Quote:
> So, what we propose is that all us Americans band together and boycott
> Talisman Tips. We really don't have much to loose and here's why

The American way is not to boycott anything, but buy the best product at
the best price you can find.  The free market will determine if Tony
priced himself out of the market.  Your best bet would be to buy Moori
tips at $2.50 a tip and sell them until Tony is forced to do something
to compete.  Right now, Tony sells his tips at a reasonable price, or he
would be out of business.

Quote:
> Talisman Tips were a somewhat good replacement for the Moori when
> Moori's were hard to obtain and when their cost was much higher.

Truth is, they were and are an excellent tip.  Most people that used
both seem to think they were about equal quality, but Tailsman were MUCH
cheaper.  Why don't you boycott Moori?

Quote:
> They were the perfect tip in their price range. That being said with Moori
> so comparably priced on the retail level these days, one would have a
> difficult time justifying using a Talisman.

Or, just the reverse.

Quote:
> Additionally, there are  many other tips out there that are equally as good and better than the
> Talisman.

Yes, free market is wonderful.  Look what Tailsman did to the phony
"price fixing" of the Moori tip?

Please do not misunderstand us, the Talisman is an ok tip

Well, a great tip.

Quote:
> but certainly not the best' and most certainly not comparable to a
> Moori.

Yes, comparable to the Moori.

Quote:
> And, we are not mentioning Moori because we are leading  suppliers of the Moori.

No, that would have nothing to do with it.  Does Moori sell you tips at
$2.50 a pop?

Quote:
> We would also like to say (and we feel that it would not be fair if we
> didn't) that Tony is a very nice sort of chap. He has always done the
> right thing with us and has always been most gracious. Recently, his
> business practices, decisions and ethics, in our opinion, are less
> than honourable. If you want to sell in this country, then do so by
> the rules of free enterprise and free marketing.

So, you are saying a manufacturer does not have the right to set the
price of his product, and to establish distribution channels as he sees
fit?  Some how, I think you are wrong on this, I think it is a common,
and legal as... smoking.

Quote:
> Join with us and boycott Talisman tips. Thank you for reading this and
> we will not comment any further on this topic as time is precious.

We'll see!

Quote:
> Remember, why buy Talisman when you can buy the much more superior
> Moori Tip for a couple dollars more per tip.

Bull!  Why does Moori cost a few dollars more per tip?  Why don't you
sell them for a few dollars LESS than Tailsman?

Quote:
> There is no comparison  and the Moori are easier to install as they do not shred (when
> shaping) as does the Talisman. This is one of the problems with the
> Talisman tip as mentioned on the Talisman web site.

I've never had one shred, and they are as easy to install as any other
hard layered tip.

Quote:
>Installation of a Talisman requires practice or a professional to do the job correctly.

That's a blatant lie.  Anyone with half a brain can install a Tailsman
tip, or any other tip.  In fact, I would have ignored this whole issue
if it were not for this crock of bullshit.  

Quote:
> Politics:
> We are Boycotting France & Germany. We will not purchase nor sell to
> either country.

Whelp, if you boycott every manufacturer that sets, I mean "fixes" the
price of their product, you will not be reselling anything for very
long.

Quote:
> Additionally... The Saudis are boycotting American goods. Let us return the favor. We
> are boycotting mid-east oil imports. Everytime I fill my car or
> Harley, it is frustrating to think that I am supporting the very
> people who are trying to destroy us. Here are the culprits.

> We are only purchasing gas at the following stations who import zero
> oil from the mid-east: Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips,
> Hess.

> We will not purchase gas from: Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil,
> Marathon/Speedway, Amoco. Join us!

> STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM!

I've seen this before.  I wonder how true it is?  My guess is all these
companies buy from whomever gives them the best price.  I know gas is
really cheap.  A gallon of sugar water (Coke/Pepsi) cost more than a
gallon of gas?  I wonder where Pepsi buys there water, and who sets the
damn price of a 12 oz can of pop?
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by PG » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:32:33

You might want to consider the legitimacy of your mushrooming Moori.  It is
not a problem.

FIJFI



Quote:
> > Please do not misunderstand us, the Talisman is an ok tip
> > but certainly not the ?best' and most certainly not comparable to a
> > Moori.

> I think Talisman tips are as good as Moori, if not better. A Moori will
> mushroom, Talisman won't. As for hit, I can't tell any difference.

>                               Charlie Edwards

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Re » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:59:20

I don't get this.... First you make the following statement:

Quote:
> Ok, a very decent fee structure. We decided to take the plunge and buy
> the over 5000 quantity to get the $2.50 rate.

And then you explain:

Quote:
> He will not sell to us
> because we, and I quote, "sell on ebay" and he is worried about the
> "reaction of his existing customers".

So please now explain how you can make the following statement:

Quote:
> I am one American who is not going to support a foreigner
> with his rules of price fixing; which is an illegal activity in this
> country. If you want to sell in this country, then play by the rules.

How is this price fixing ?  He didn't say he would only sell to you at
$5.00 a tip did he ?  He seems to have clearly stated that he will not
sell to you because he doesn't like how you represent his product by
selling on e-bay as a concern for his customers.  That's seems all
fair to me !

You also explained :

Quote:
> And then he further states, "If you wish to apply to be a dealer of
> Talisman products in other non-exclusive territories, we ask that you
> send us a letter stating your full agreement to not sell Talisman
> products on any Internet Auction web sites and a copy of your business
> registration documents".

OK, so his position is getting stonger on the fact that he doesn't
want you to sell his products on e-bay.  Where is that price fixing
again ?

Quote:
> As an interesting aside and an important one at that? a few months
> back when our friend Tony needed to (and I quote) "raise cash", he
> gladly sold to us at the $2.50 level. Our money was good then but his
> tub thumping about upsetting his "existing customers" does not hold
> water. He wasn't concerned about his "existing customers" then. We
> then reordered another quantity at the same $2.50 price and no mention
> about his "existing customers".

Did you consider that he didn't know at the time how you would
represent his products ?  Has it occured to you that the agreement
might have been signed after you'd purchased ?

Quote:
> Ok, now there are some of you who will take Tony's side and say that
> he is entitled to sell to whomever he desires. Well, that may be true
> but there are things called ?unfair competition' and ?price fixing'
> involved here.

Where ?  Where is the price fixing ???  I just can't see it !!!!

For the record, I bought some Talismans about a month ago and your
price were not even competitive with Tony's price.  And I'm not
talking wholesale here.  And as you mentionned that you had them at
$2.50 you're now making me realise that you would not sell them
cheaper if he kept doing business with you.

As for Tony, I invite people to deal direct with him, he takes good
care of his customers and is a very friendly and helpfull fellow.  As
our complainer here doesn't have a clean record on customer support, I
tend to believe it's a good idea to keep dealing with him.

Red

PS: I installed 12 talismans in a month and hasn't shread one without
been a professional !!!

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Barringer Custom Cu » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 02:03:26

Hello To All Once Again....

Please do not reply to this posting email address as it is for SPAM
purposes only. Please use the address at the bottom of this news post.

We forgot to mention... as a result of our Boycott of Talisman Tips,
we have reduced the price of our Moori Tips to $7.50 each delivered.
This is for a limited time only. You can order by email or off our
Ebay offering:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21210&item=360...>

Thank you.

Oh and we said that we would not reply to any comments about our
original post but one in particular piqued our interest. We are also
Boycotting France and Germany as our little part in the War against
Terrorism. Someone asked how much business have we done with either
nation. The answer is... last year (2002) we did slightly under $7k
for Germany and under $1k for France. Since our Boycott (as of a few
weeks ago) we have turned down numerous sales from Germany (none from
France thus far) with a polite explanation. We are also Boycotting
imported oil from Saudia Arabia and will not purchase Gas at certain
stations. One of those stations was our favourite - Amoco, where we
use to buy all our gasoline. Since then, we are patronizing Hess, BP &
Sunoco. Actually Sunoco use to be our all time favourite back in the
70's.  :-)

We're done posting so have at it. Wishing all of you a wonderful week.

--
Kind Regards,

Joe Barringer

Barringer Custom Cues
2514 NW Boca Raton Blvd.
Boca Raton, Fl 33431

561.362.5977

Web Site: <http://www.BarringerCues.com>

Politics:
We are Boycotting France & Germany. We will not purchase nor sell to
either country.

Additionally...
The Saudis are boycotting American goods. Let us return the favor. We
are boycotting mid-east oil imports. Everytime I fill my car or
Harley, it is frustrating to think that I am supporting the very
people who are trying to destroy us. Here are the culprits.

We are only purchasing gas at the following stations who import zero
oil from the mid-east: Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips,
Hess.

We will not purchase gas from: Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil,
Marathon/Speedway, Amoco. Join us!

STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM!

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by MDavis00 » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 02:26:27

Well since you made you feud public and even took it to ebay it looks like
Talisman did the right thing in not selling to you. I buy a few cues a year and
always switch the tips to Talisman.  They have been great to deal with and i
think there tips play great.

Mark-n-Torrance

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Bob Johnso » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:26:42

BP and Amoco are the same company!

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.



Quote:
> Hello To All Once Again....

> We are also Boycotting
> imported oil from Saudia Arabia and will not purchase Gas at certain
> stations. One of those stations was our favourite - Amoco, where we
> use to buy all our gasoline. Since then, we are patronizing Hess, BP &
> Sunoco. Actually Sunoco use to be our all time favourite back in the
> 70's.  :-)

> We're done posting so have at it. Wishing all of you a wonderful week.

> --
> Kind Regards,

> Joe Barringer

> Barringer Custom Cues
> 2514 NW Boca Raton Blvd.
> Boca Raton, Fl 33431

> 561.362.5977

> Web Site: <http://www.BarringerCues.com>

> Politics:
> We are Boycotting France & Germany. We will not purchase nor sell to
> either country.

> Additionally...
> The Saudis are boycotting American goods. Let us return the favor. We
> are boycotting mid-east oil imports. Everytime I fill my car or
> Harley, it is frustrating to think that I am supporting the very
> people who are trying to destroy us. Here are the culprits.

> We are only purchasing gas at the following stations who import zero
> oil from the mid-east: Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips,
> Hess.

> We will not purchase gas from: Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil,
> Marathon/Speedway, Amoco. Join us!

> STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM!

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Jkamm » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:41:43

BP and Amoco are not the same company.  They are currently fighting over which
one of them wants our gas station.
 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by LCS » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:37:53

lol...BP and Amoco are the same...BP bought amoco and are currently
switching over the duke and duchess stores also.


Quote:
> BP and Amoco are not the same company.  They are currently fighting over
which
> one of them wants our gas station.

 
 
 

Barringer BOYCOTTING Talisman Tips

Post by Bob Johnso » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:00:09

Check the web site address.  http://www.bpamoco.com/

I think I rest my case.

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.


Quote:
> BP and Amoco are not the same company.  They are currently fighting over
which
> one of them wants our gas station.