Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Singer7 » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:15:56


The only competition I see these days is in 9-ball (or 8-ball tavern
league). Is there any decent tournament competion in "straight pool"
(14-1) these days?
 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Bob Jewet » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:26:23

Quote:

> The only competition I see these days is in 9-ball (or 8-ball
> tavern league).  Is there any decent tournament competion in
> "straight pool" (14-1) these days?

I think the most recent was the New Jersey State Championship
which had some pretty fair players including the current World
Champion (Hohman).  Google/Usenet can probably find reports.

I think Accu-stats is planning a round-robin invitational 14.1
tourney like the 8-ball they had a couple of years ago with
Archer and Efren and four others.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Privey » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:54:12

I believe that every Saturday at Crown Billiards in Pompton Lakes, NJ there
is a straight pool tourney.
Roscoe

"Crisis occurs when women and cattle get e***d"...James Thurber


Quote:

> > The only competition I see these days is in 9-ball (or 8-ball
> > tavern league).  Is there any decent tournament competion in
> > "straight pool" (14-1) these days?

> I think the most recent was the New Jersey State Championship
> which had some pretty fair players including the current World
> Champion (Hohman).  Google/Usenet can probably find reports.

> I think Accu-stats is planning a round-robin invitational 14.1
> tourney like the 8-ball they had a couple of years ago with
> Archer and Efren and four others.

> --

> Bob Jewett
> http://SportToday.org/


 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Dan Whit » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:20:12


Quote:
> I believe that every Saturday at Crown Billiards in Pompton Lakes, NJ
there
> is a straight pool tourney.
> Roscoe

and Joe Van keeps threatening to advertise it and get the attendance up.

dwhite

 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Joe V » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:35:41

Quote:

>and Joe Van keeps threatening to advertise it and get the attendance up.

>dwhite

I do advertise it.. but you scare everyone away... or should I say
see how easy it is, Dan has won twice already :)

Joe
www.pooltablemagic.net / www.classiccues.com

 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Ty Woodwar » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:35:37

The Green Room in Maple Shade, NJ used to hold a straight pool tournament
twice a month.  Not sure if it's still happening.


Quote:
> The only competition I see these days is in 9-ball (or 8-ball tavern
> league). Is there any decent tournament competion in "straight pool"
> (14-1) these days?

 
 
 

Any competition in 14-1 these days?

Post by Frank Glen » Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:41:24



:|:I think Accu-stats is planning a round-robin invitational 14.1
:|:tourney like the 8-ball they had a couple of years ago with
:|:Archer and Efren and four others.
:|:

I saw 14.1 ACTION at DCC! Race to 300 for 7K.
Frank