1-Zip Efren

1-Zip Efren

Post by Patrick Johnso » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:05:03


Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
apart -- but Efren got it together first.

They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day for
Efren.

Pat Johnson
Chicago

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Patrick Johnso » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:16:42

Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
today.

pj
chgo

Quote:

> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day for
> Efren.

> Pat Johnson
> Chicago


 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Patrick Johnso » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:32:02

Marco fell apart completely after nearly winning the first game.  It
looked like he didn't believe he should win after Efren spanked him 3-0
earlier in the day, and I guess he was right.

What a player Efren is.  He's definitely the all around champion of DCC
2004.

pj
chgo

Quote:

> Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
> today.

> pj
> chgo


>> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
>> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

>> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day
>> for Efren.

>> Pat Johnson
>> Chicago


 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by LMoss187 » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:45:12

Quote:
>From: Patrick Johnson
>It's been a long day for
>Efren.

?>its been a long day for us people watching since noon , waiting on the one
pocket final,. but well worth it, and the match in 9bl with mika was excellent!
we just might see efren in the 9 ball finals tomorrow as well--.they announced
earlier that if he won the one pocket final then he probably would have enough
poiints , even if he went no further in the 9 ball to win the all around.

Linda Moss

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Frank How » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:48:20

I learned way more than the 9.95 worth just in his matches with Palmer.
Efren is so good that even on an "off day" he wsa able to move and grind his
way into
a win.
Did you see the 2 shots off of the point in the pocket making the
ball go back towards his side.  Danny D even was amazed at those shots.
or
When Efren jacks up and shoots a little masse when he and Plamer were
playing safe up table.  Palmer siad he had never seen anything like
it.    About 10 years ago I watched Parica practicing that type
shot.
I think all three of those guys were dragging empty towards the end.


Quote:
> Marco fell apart completely after nearly winning the first game.  It
> looked like he didn't believe he should win after Efren spanked him 3-0
> earlier in the day, and I guess he was right.

> What a player Efren is.  He's definitely the all around champion of DCC
> 2004.

> pj
> chgo


> > Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
> > today.

> > pj
> > chgo


> >> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
> >> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

> >> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day
> >> for Efren.

> >> Pat Johnson
> >> Chicago

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Steve Elli » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:58:14

Quote:

>Marco fell apart completely after nearly winning the first game.  It
>looked like he didn't believe he should win after Efren spanked him 3-0
>earlier in the day, and I guess he was right.

>What a player Efren is.  He's definitely the all around champion of DCC
>2004.

"Efren, Efren Reyeeees, he floats like a butterfly and stinks like a bee!"  
Steve. <- with apologies to Mohammad Ali
Quote:

>pj
>chgo


>> Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
>> today.

>> pj
>> chgo


>>> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
>>> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

>>> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day
>>> for Efren.

>>> Pat Johnson
>>> Chicago

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Fred Agni » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:00:42


Quote:

> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day for
> Efren.

I'm no Efren, but when I switch from 9-ball to one-pocket or vice versa, my
whole body chemistry and mental philosophy is in rollercoasterville.

Fred

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Gregor » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:00:50

Frank Howe wrote

Quote:
> Did you see the 2 shots off of the point in the pocket making the
> ball go back towards his side.

Would you Wei it, please.

Quote:
> or
> When Efren jacks up and shoots a little masse when he and Plamer were
> playing safe up table.

This too, please.
 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Ed » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:07:33

Efren played jam up in the 9 ball match  before. I think he got in
stroke a little compared to the way he had been playing. Yes those shots offs
off the the points were the nuts. I couldn't figure out what he was doing and
then when I saw it I couldn't believe it. Thought it was a fluke but when he
did it again later I knew it was for real. Great great gutsy shot.
Wish I had a better video chip or you could play it at half screen but all in
all the greatest thing yet on the computer. Any chance they are going to change
so we can watch at half screen? Does anyone have a email address I can't get
through on the web site. Great stuff.
EdS
Quote:

> I learned way more than the 9.95 worth just in his matches with Palmer.
> Efren is so good that even on an "off day" he wsa able to move and grind his
> way into
> a win.
> Did you see the 2 shots off of the point in the pocket making the
> ball go back towards his side.  Danny D even was amazed at those shots.
> or
> When Efren jacks up and shoots a little masse when he and Plamer were
> playing safe up table.  Palmer siad he had never seen anything like
> it.    About 10 years ago I watched Parica practicing that type
> shot.
> I think all three of those guys were dragging empty towards the end.



> > Marco fell apart completely after nearly winning the first game.  It
> > looked like he didn't believe he should win after Efren spanked him 3-0
> > earlier in the day, and I guess he was right.

> > What a player Efren is.  He's definitely the all around champion of DCC
> > 2004.

> > pj
> > chgo


> > > Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
> > > today.

> > > pj
> > > chgo


> > >> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
> > >> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

> > >> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day
> > >> for Efren.

> > >> Pat Johnson
> > >> Chicago

 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by albe » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:53:12

Quote:


> >Marco fell apart completely after nearly winning the first game.  It
> >looked like he didn't believe he should win after Efren spanked him 3-0
> >earlier in the day, and I guess he was right.

> >What a player Efren is.  He's definitely the all around champion of DCC
> >2004.

> "Efren, Efren Reyeeees, he floats like a butterfly and stinks like a bee!"  
> Steve. <- with apologies to Mohammad Ali

> >pj
> >chgo


> >> Looks like Marco's out of it.  Efren has beaten him five games in a row
> >> today.

> >> pj
> >> chgo


> >>> Marco was movin' 'n groovin' until the end game, then they both fell
> >>> apart -- but Efren got it together first.

> >>> They're both making more mistakes than usual.  It's been a long day
> >>> for Efren.

> >>> Pat Johnson
> >>> Chicago

Would anyone here kindly use the wei table to describe the shot and
maybe we could (as a group) figure out how) this incredible shot
described was done.
 
 
 

1-Zip Efren

Post by Frank How » Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:36:50


Quote:
> Frank Howe wrote
> > Did you see the 2 shots off of the point in the pocket making the
> > ball go back towards his side.

> Would you Wei it, please.

> > or
> > When Efren jacks up and shoots a little masse when he and Plamer were
> > playing safe up table.

> This too, please.

Something like this.. not exactly but you will get the picture
point shot

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

start
START(
%AN2N4%BS5V9%CD1I7%DL9N0%EM7P1%FO7M8%GK6N8%Hg8V7%IL7O2%JT6Q6
%KQ9O1%LJ5N2%M^0S8%NJ8W8%Oh8N8%PC8M2
)END

ending and shot
START(
%AN2N4%BS5V9%CD1I7%DL9N0%EM7P1%FO7M8%GK6N8%Hg8V7%IL7O2%JT6Q6
%KQ9O1%LJ5N2%M^0S8%NJ8W8%Oh8N8%PC8M2%UM4J6%VH4C8%WC3G3%XC6H7
%YD0D6%ZC5E6%[E1O6%\D6C6%]F7E3%^C8L4
)END

START(
%AN2N4%BS5V9%CE6U1%DL9N0%EM7P1%FO7M8%GK6N8%Hg8V7%IL7O2%JT6Q6
%KQ9O1%LJ5N2%M^0S8%NJ8W8%Oh8N8%PN3L7
)END

Sorry I am not to good with the Wei and dont remember the exact layouts.

The masse shot vs Palmer

Start
START(
%Ar7P7%Cr7S5%Do5Q3%ED0D1%Iq0U6%Lq1Q5%Op6R7%Pq3V8

)END

Efren leaves this by doing a small masse and barely grazing the 9 ball
START(
%Ar7P7%Cr8S1%Do8Q6%ED0D1%Iq0U6%Lq1Q5%Op4P5%Pr3U5

)END

It was a nice touch shot
I watched and talked with Parica for about 2 hours once with him practicing
by himself
he shot this shot over and over and never messed it up. Both players need
one
START(
%AC8O0%PC9P3%Q\0_0

)END

He would masse and the ball would hug the one and then stop like this
START(
%AC8O0%PC9M7%Q\0_0

)END
He shot the shot both ways about 10 times and then laughing said I guess I
play something
else.  I learned alot watching him that night.  Poolroom was empty and he
just practiced against
himself.  That was roughly 10 years ago.  He showed me shots he said Efren
had shown him and
different things he liked to do.  I never hit a ball. As long as he was
shooting and kept talking and
explaining I was not going to mess it up.  I know him a little better now
and he is a really nice guy.

Sorry I dont know how to use the Wei Table any better or the exact layouts.
He shot the point shot
twice and both times he moved it to his side and left the ball behind the
stack.  It was two different angles that he
shot it from. ONe the cue ball was as shown(roughly) and the other the cue
ball was up toward the stack more
off the rail.