Let's share a little.

Let's share a little.

Post by sam » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00


I am getting so frustrated with the topics on ASP/RSB, I can't stand it.  We
have a great tourney going right now and only 3 or 4 people have shared their
experiences.  I do most of my posting on ASP because it is supposed to be RSB
LITE, but I got to tell you, both NG's are getting a little......Boooring!!
Doesn't anyone discuss any fun shit?  JW, you're a Doctor now.  Fix this.  Ha Ha
Sincerely, Sam

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Mountain Mike^ » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> I am getting so frustrated with the topics on ASP/RSB, I can't stand it.

Ok, what can I do? let's change things a little. Let's give these *kids*
some life experience, huh?
For example, you have made your fortune, *not* doing what you were trained
to do, right? Me,  too; and probably most here....that have seasoned a bit:)
    So, what's the advice? Mine is to do this: Ignore all authority, do what
you think is right, and don't fall victim to the "kiss ass mentality". Know
the commercial? With the kids? "I WANT to be a "yes man, yes sir". I WANT to
move up to middle management." "I want to be under appreciated!"
    Great stuff:). So, tell us, Sam. What makes you tick? Why do you do the
things you do? It's no accident. And it's not luck. A minister that's now an
entrepreneur? Go figure.
    Give the Erics in this world some sage advice. Remember, YOU asked for
it:) MM^^

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by sam » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Well MM, (And this is for G too) I actually wanted to hear how you guys were
doing with the FARGO thing, but hey, I'm game.  I have no secrets to hide.
First of all, you have the wrong impression of me.  I was HELL on wheels until I
was over 30 years old.  Literally.  I am a VN Vet as you know and my first
custom Harley was built by Baby Huey, President of the Vagos, El Monte, CA. (I
have pictures).  I worked in Medical Sales, but rode with the boys and lived a
rather two fold life.  I have been married MORE than once, and couldn't seem to
settle down until I hit MENTAL bottom (not financial or social).  I just felt,
at the time, that life was just one big cruel game (lost buddies in VN), and
felt guilty for being alive when others who had done so much more for this world
were dead and buried.  My sister counciled me to seek God, which I did.  My life
has been extremely stable (mentally) ever since. I have had the normal ups and
downs that we all experience in life, but my belief in the Lord and love for
people has given me the opportunity to share myself in a way that I could not do
when I was young.  I have been married now for 16 years to a wonderful woman and
God has blessed my business endeavors (I believe that it is because I really
don't care about counting the dollars, but rather because I care about serving
and caring for the people I deal with), in a way that allows me to enjoy life
and help others as the need or opportunity arises.  So, while I would love to
tell you that I was raised a "goodie two shoes", I assure you that (other than
never being arrested), my life has had all the e***ment (both good and bad)
that one person can handle and still maintain good common sense and
spirituality. I thank God for his gifts. :o)  Sincerely, Sam (Alright, let's
hear about your lives)

!"

Quote:
>    Great stuff:). So, tell us, Sam. What makes you tick? Why do you do the
>things you do? It's no accident. And it's not luck. A minister that's now an
>entrepreneur? Go figure.
>    Give the Erics in this world some sage advice. Remember, YOU asked for
>it:) MM^^


 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Gordon Matheso » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Sam,

Aren't you supposed to be working out and studying the word of God?

G.  -  don't start

Quote:

> I am getting so frustrated with the topics on ASP/RSB, I can't stand it.
We
> have a great tourney going right now and only 3 or 4 people have shared
their
> experiences.  I do most of my posting on ASP because it is supposed to be
RSB
> LITE, but I got to tell you, both NG's are getting a

little......Boooring!!
Quote:
> Doesn't anyone discuss any fun shit?  JW, you're a Doctor now.  Fix this.
Ha Ha
> Sincerely, Sam

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Wojo » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Yes!!!  Yessiirr, I totally agree with you Mr. Mountain Man.  These ass
kissers need to go.  Yep.

Ken <--*** it....I hate you guys anyway.

"Mountain Mike^^" >     So, what's the advice? Mine is to do this: Ignore
all authority, do what

Quote:
> you think is right, and don't fall victim to the "kiss ass mentality".
Know
> the commercial? With the kids? "I WANT to be a "yes man, yes sir". I WANT
to
> move up to middle management." "I want to be under appreciated!"
>     Great stuff:). So, tell us, Sam. What makes you tick? Why do you do
the
> things you do? It's no accident. And it's not luck. A minister that's now
an
> entrepreneur? Go figure.
>     Give the Erics in this world some sage advice. Remember, YOU asked for
> it:) MM^^

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Walker Kennedy II » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Sam,

I tried the beginner strategy for FARGO that you posted to ASP and it
helped. I still only scored in the high thirties, but that was due to being
too aggressive on my choice of initial shots I think. My biggest problem is
that my mind thinks I can make cuts that my body fails to deliver on. In the
sharing department, I recently returned to shooting pool after a 7 year
layoff due to injury. My game is a shadow of what it once was and I have a
physical problem with my hips that makes it difficult to find a comfortable
stance. I have a fair 9 ball game, but FARGO serves to demonstrate just how
much I rely on safety play.  Got any hot racking tips for FARGO?

By the way, thanks for your service in VM. I lost an uncle who did two tours
over there and made it home only to be killed in a military plane wreck. He
was a very close friend and I have been pissed off at God ever since. Some
how your post made me feel a little better about that whole thing. Anyway,
thanks for enduring that hell.

Regards,
Walker
Salt Lake City


Quote:

> Well MM, (And this is for G too) I actually wanted to hear how you guys
were
> doing with the FARGO thing, but hey, I'm game.  I have no secrets to hide.
> First of all, you have the wrong impression of me.  I was HELL on wheels
until I
> was over 30 years old.  Literally.  I am a VN Vet as you know and my first
> custom Harley was built by Baby Huey, President of the Vagos, El Monte,
CA. (I
> have pictures).  I worked in Medical Sales, but rode with the boys and
lived a
> rather two fold life.  I have been married MORE than once, and couldn't
seem to
> settle down until I hit MENTAL bottom (not financial or social).  I just
felt,
> at the time, that life was just one big cruel game (lost buddies in VN),
and
> felt guilty for being alive when others who had done so much more for this
world
> were dead and buried.  My sister counciled me to seek God, which I did.
My life
> has been extremely stable (mentally) ever since. I have had the normal ups
and
> downs that we all experience in life, but my belief in the Lord and love
for
> people has given me the opportunity to share myself in a way that I could
not do
> when I was young.  I have been married now for 16 years to a wonderful
woman and
> God has blessed my business endeavors (I believe that it is because I
really
> don't care about counting the dollars, but rather because I care about
serving
> and caring for the people I deal with), in a way that allows me to enjoy
life
> and help others as the need or opportunity arises.  So, while I would love
to
> tell you that I was raised a "goodie two shoes", I assure you that (other
than
> never being arrested), my life has had all the e***ment (both good and
bad)
> that one person can handle and still maintain good common sense and
> spirituality. I thank God for his gifts. :o)  Sincerely, Sam (Alright,
let's
> hear about your lives)

> !"
> >    Great stuff:). So, tell us, Sam. What makes you tick? Why do you do
the
> >things you do? It's no accident. And it's not luck. A minister that's now
an
> >entrepreneur? Go figure.
> >    Give the Erics in this world some sage advice. Remember, YOU asked
for
> >it:) MM^^

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Ninebal3 » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
>Sincerely, Sam (Alright, let's
>hear about your lives)

OK, I have nothing to hide also. Grew up in single parent home. Father died
when I was 12. Ran away to Mexico when I was 15. Stole a NEW car when I was 16.
Dropped out of high school after the 9th grade. Went into the Navy when I was
17(1965) got a GED. Got married at 19 (still married to the same woman). Got
out of the Navy when I was 21. Assembled Oasis Water coolers for 6 months until
I got hired at the Local Fire dept. Worked there as a Firefighter/Paramedic for
over 27 years. Saw everything, done most of it. Saved and worked and I retired
at 48. If I can half-way succeed, so can anybody else. NEXT!
Hustlin' Hank
 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by LePheau » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00


  Let's not.
  We've been through this, Sam.  RSB isn't a chat room.  Go to one or to ASP if you want to ***babble.

  Pat Johnson
  <<>>

   wouldn't let's not, be in the same category as who cares ?

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by Karla Chor » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I haven't played my actual Fargo match yet, as I have "scheduled" it
for Saturday, but I did get a chance to play an entire ten racks last
night.  

Almost all of my pool-playing life I've played on bar boxes.  A few
months ago I joined the Elks Club and have been playing on their 9'
Brunswicks (Monarchs, I think) as much as possible.  The pockets are
what I would classify as medium-tight.  The table I played on was just
recovered with Simonis 860 (760? whichever is slower).

My scores were very inconsistent:

6-8 , 8-6 , 4-0 , 0-0 , 4-0 , 14-2 , 0-0 , 7-16 , 1-0 , 10-4
 14    14    4      0      4       16     0      23      1       14
Total 90

I tried your rack, stripes in front, solids in back.  I think there is
an advantage to racking this way, although sometimes it won't make
much difference.  

This was only my third time trying this game, and the other two were
only three or four racks worth.  My observations to this point are:
        ALWAYS BE FOCUSED!  As you can see, twice I missed my first
shot with BIH.  Ouch!  Another time I locked myself up after the first
shot.
        The break is key.  Normally, because I don't have a lot of arm
strength, I throw my body into the break.  For this game, I use only
arm strength.  It works well for me as far as pocketing balls goes, I
never pocketed more than two and only did that once.  I am spreading
the balls well, for the most part.  However in one rack I had five
problems after the break, two of them being clusters near the rail.
That was a low-scoring rack.
        Make your break-out shots.  This problem follows me to Fargo
from straight pool.  I tend to try to hit break-out shots too hard,
end up missing the shot and getting the break-out.  Very, very bad
form.

I found myself thinking several times during my session that this is
really an excellent way to fine tune a lot of different aspects of
your game.  Focus, shot-making, position play, strategy - they're all
covered and then some.  I will be recommending it to many other
players.  

Hopefully Saturday's scores will be an improvement...

Cheers!
Karla


Quote:

>I am getting so frustrated with the topics on ASP/RSB, I can't stand it.  We
>have a great tourney going right now and only 3 or 4 people have shared their
>experiences.  I do most of my posting on ASP because it is supposed to be RSB
>LITE, but I got to tell you, both NG's are getting a little......Boooring!!
>Doesn't anyone discuss any fun shit?  JW, you're a Doctor now.  Fix this.  Ha Ha
>Sincerely, Sam

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by sam » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00


says...

Hank, Thanks for sharing. :o)  Sincerely, Sam

Quote:

>>Sincerely, Sam (Alright, let's
>>hear about your lives)

>OK, I have nothing to hide also. Grew up in single parent home. Father died
>when I was 12. Ran away to Mexico when I was 15. Stole a NEW car when I was 16.
>Dropped out of high school after the 9th grade. Went into the Navy when I was
>17(1965) got a GED. Got married at 19 (still married to the same woman). Got
>out of the Navy when I was 21. Assembled Oasis Water coolers for 6 months until
>I got hired at the Local Fire dept. Worked there as a Firefighter/Paramedic for
>over 27 years. Saw everything, done most of it. Saved and worked and I retired
>at 48. If I can half-way succeed, so can anybody else. NEXT!
>Hustlin' Hank

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by sam » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00


says...

Dear Walker, Thanks for the compliments.  The only thing that I have tried
concerning racking is placing the 15 at the head of the rack and counting
backwards.  This puts all stripes in front and all solids in back.  I had pretty
good luck with this rack and a medium hard break.  :o)  Sincerely, Sam

Got any hot racking tips for FARGO?

Quote:

>Regards,
>Walker
>Salt Lake City

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by sam » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Dear Officer Pat, My original request was for people to share their experiences
concerning FARGO.  Don't be so quick to hand out citations.  Ha Ha  :o)
Sincerely, Sam

Quote:
><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
><html>
>Let's not.
><p>We've been through this, Sam.&nbsp; RSB isn't a chat room.&nbsp; Go
>to one or to ASP if you want to ***babble.
><p>Pat Johnson
><br>Chicago</html>

 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by William Mille » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Welcome home, Sam!
I have to research the Fargo thread.  I assumed it was an adverti***t
for an RSB tournament in South Dakota.  Wooda been too Far (2) go for
me.
Moooohaha!
 
 
 

Let's share a little.

Post by J. Bradle » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

When I first started playing RREO, I was so frustrated I had to stop playing pool
except for league nite for about 2 weeks! I had been playing just straight pool for
practice and was able to run the rack 3 or 4  times in a couple hours of playing.
But when I started having to actually count the balls and stop with a miss and start
over,  I became a bumbling idiot on the table! I was throwing my stick on the table
at least five times per round- I was so mad at missing such easy shots with an easy
runout clearly visible. I had to play through this ***for about10 rounds before I
learned to CONCENTRATE on every shot. Take nothing for granted, because a mistake is
VERY costly. Staying focused on every shot for the whole round is no easy task.
This has been the best lesson for me. I love this game and I hate this game- that
must mean the rules are just right as they are!

Jim  - now only throws his stick down twice per round  :)