UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Rob » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:21:10


New game Highlights from ECC 07 are now playing on UVtv.

JAM vs Johnny Bravo
Sub Zero vs Chain

www.ultitv.com

Plus there are a couple new COTDs on the UV site.

www.ultivillage.com

Rob

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Frank Huguenar » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:09:51

Quote:
>> I just like the look of this clip.

Which part of the 'look' do you like Rob?  The eight steps the Jam player
takes in between catching the disc and throwing, the fact that he changed
direction or the fact that he never came to a complete stop before throwing?

I've got to hand it to you Rob, another awesome Travel of The Day!!!  This
one sets a new standard.

Why do you even post this crap?

There's no ***ing way that I take any more than three steps on the same
play (running the same speed etc.).  Mostliy because I would have inverted
my pivot.

The Jam player took almost  three time the steps required.  What a fricken
joke.

Oh, and Becky, *** off.


Quote:
> New game Highlights from ECC 07 are now playing on UVtv.

> JAM vs Johnny Bravo
> Sub Zero vs Chain

> www.ultitv.com

> Plus there are a couple new COTDs on the UV site.

> www.ultivillage.com

> Rob


 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by N8 » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:54:07

Quote:
> There's no ***ing way that I take any more than three steps on the same
> play (running the same speed etc.).  Mostliy because I would have inverted
> my pivot.

You know Frank in some of these travel comments you've said things I
truely agree with, and traveling is a rather large problem (saw about
20 or 30 in todays pickup).
However, in some cases you are wrong or extremly too sensitive to the
issue.  I would suggest however instead of keeping up the "I can do
this approach" you film yourself doing it (or running ur motion
offense, even if it's against high schoolers just to highlight the
points) and post said video so people can see it; you would gain much
more credibility.

Rob thanks as always for the clips highlighting the truely amazing
athleticism seen in our sport.  (side note the uvtv dl's are great
sized now that I'm back at college nothign like a Mb a sec)

N8

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Alex Morron » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:10:31

Let me say what everyone is thinking Frank.

-Are you still talking?, we have heard your ***ing too many times
tell someone else.

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by SHZD » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:16:10



Quote:
>>> I just like the look of this clip.

> Which part of the 'look' do you like Rob?  The eight steps the Jam
> player takes in between catching the disc and throwing, the fact that
> he changed direction or the fact that he never came to a complete stop
> before throwing?

> I've got to hand it to you Rob, another awesome Travel of The Day!!!
> This one sets a new standard.

> Why do you even post this crap?

> There's no ***ing way that I take any more than three steps on the
> same play (running the same speed etc.).  Mostliy because I would have
> inverted my pivot.

> The Jam player took almost  three time the steps required.  What a
> fricken joke.

> Oh, and Becky, *** off.

Yet more words no one will read.  Commit suicide please, you are a piece
shit, die.
 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Frank Huguenar » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:28:17

Nate,

I have no interest in proving anything.  I think you are missing my point.

Having no penalties and a soft cap on the number of steps for traveling is
deleterious to growth and evolution of the game.

This particular play is a classic example of this (how lucky are we that we
do have Rob to chronicle this for us).  How the *** is any defender
supposed to play against this?  Watch the defender in the video.  He doesn't
even know where he should begin targeting his set up for the mark.  He
starts to slow down and get set and the thrower just keeps going, and going,
and going....He's the god damn energizer bunny out there.

Saying "I could have stopped in three" IS a valid argument from the
standpoint that the whole basis for the game, like it or not, is based on
mutual respect.  It's not let's respect each other as long as our names
aren't Frank Huguenard.  The rules say "a reasonable number of steps",
therefore, seeing as I'm sure I could exectute a three step stop here, it is
a completely valid argument for me to say that taking almost three times as
many steps as I would have is a ***ing joke.

Overly Sensitive?  Are you kidding me?  The one and only multimedia outlet
for a sport that has been around for ~40 years posts a 'clip of the day'
that shows a complete bastardization of the rules [with his caption for the
video "I like the way this play looks"] and you think I'm being overly
sensitive?   This wasn't just eight steps, it was eight steps, change of
direction and no where near coming to a stop before the release of the disc.
And this is supposed to be one of the top five teams in the world.

The entire body of ultimate players worldwide are learning disabled because
of the lack of penalization, firm boundaries and consistency in the
enforcement in the game.  And these same learning disabled people maintain
the rules, coach new players, pontificate on r.s.d, blogs, etc.

You are only hurting yourselves by setting the bar so low.......

I'm only trying to help.


Quote:

>> There's no ***ing way that I take any more than three steps on the same
>> play (running the same speed etc.).  Mostliy because I would have
>> inverted
>> my pivot.

> You know Frank in some of these travel comments you've said things I
> truely agree with, and traveling is a rather large problem (saw about
> 20 or 30 in todays pickup).
> However, in some cases you are wrong or extremly too sensitive to the
> issue.  I would suggest however instead of keeping up the "I can do
> this approach" you film yourself doing it (or running ur motion
> offense, even if it's against high schoolers just to highlight the
> points) and post said video so people can see it; you would gain much
> more credibility.

> Rob thanks as always for the clips highlighting the truely amazing
> athleticism seen in our sport.  (side note the uvtv dl's are great
> sized now that I'm back at college nothign like a Mb a sec)

> N8

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by disc » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:41:59

weak foul call by chain player towards end, slow-mo shows ALL disc.
what a weak friggin call!

nice to see jam calling travels at opportune times again, welcome back
boys, same old show.

disc

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Shazdenn » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:48:01



Quote:
>words

Christ who do you think is going to read this ***ry?  Stop posting.
 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by StephenHwith.. » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:40:09


Quote:

> Christ who do you think is going to read this ***ry?  Stop posting.

Obviously people read his stuff, you did. He does make some good
points and he know that even though we dont want to hear them, there
isnt much of another way to get them discussed besides rsd.

 I would not argue against a travel call in the Jam clip, I see the
"turning the corner" to be where real unfair advantage can be gained.

On the other hand, Frank does do his soap-boxing in a pretty abrasive
manner. Its sometimes annoying, I probably wouldn't last more than
twenty minutes in a room with him. Still he makes some good points.

Maybe he upsets us because he riducules elite open player who we all
aspire to be, most men that is. Can we not take it when someone points
out how our looked up to heros are travelers just like pick-up no-
name?

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Shazdenn » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:04:43


Quote:

>> Christ who do you think is going to read this ***ry?  Stop posting.

> Obviously people read his stuff, you did. He does make some good
> points and he know that even though we dont want to hear them, there
> isnt much of another way to get them discussed besides rsd.

Actually, I can reply to things without reading them, thank god.

Quote:
>  I would not argue against a travel call in the Jam clip, I see the
> "turning the corner" to be where real unfair advantage can be gained.

> On the other hand, Frank does do his soap-boxing in a pretty abrasive
> manner. Its sometimes annoying, I probably wouldn't last more than
> twenty minutes in a room with him. Still he makes some good points.

He isn't "raising issues," or "making good points," he's shitting up RSD
with nonsense moontalk.

Quote:
> Maybe he upsets us because he riducules elite open player who we all
> aspire to be, most men that is. Can we not take it when someone points
> out how our looked up to heros are travelers just like pick-up no-
> name?

Please restate this in english.
 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by kebokl.. » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:32:34

Personally, I think Frank is barking up the wrong tree on this one. I
would say, given that the sport is self officiated if Bravo chooses
not to call travel...then it's entirely up to them. There are many
times when it is advantageous to not make a call, perhaps the Bravo D
saw this as a good situation to not call it.

Think about it, what do they gain from calling travel? The person with
the disc isn't exactly going full speed when he takes the extra steps,
he's moving away from the end zone he's attacking, and the throw he
makes is slightly off balance to the open side...which, chances are
good the marker would have 'allowed'. (Bravo, feel free to clarify,
but based on the downfield defenders positioning, it looked like a
forehand force)

Sometimes a thrower won't call foul on the mark because it's to their
advantage to not make the call, there are some situations where
offense will play the disc where it lays in the end zone instead of
walking it to the line, and there are plenty of other picks, fouls and
violations that in some situations, play to the advantage of the team
not making the call.

Believe it or not Frank, but in every single major sport, Referees
withhold calls because it is not to the advantage of affected team.
And for such an ardent basketball fan, I think you should be pointing
your traveling microscope elsewhere.

Now, as for whether or not it's 'acceptable' to travel...look at any
'elite' level sport, or for that matter, look at anyone participating
in any activity ever. Frank, if you want to sit there and critique an
ultimate game, fine. Then right after that, we'll sit there and I'll
show you just as many transgressions in an NBA game. Travels, uncalled
fouls, violations, fouling on purpose (totally not SOTG), etc.

We could watch a tape of an accountant doing a day of work, and I bet
I could show you things that they aren't doing right, not filing
papers in the correct folders, taking more time than they need to walk
papers to another department, making personal calls, not giving the
courtesy flush in the stall, etc.

Then we'll go to a restaurant, I'll show you which line cooks are
using too much spice on the steak, not cooking the burgers to the
correct temperature, or putting the halibut sauce on the tilapia
(those bastards).

Keep in mind, the NBA player, the accountant, and the cook are all
paid to do what they do...it's not something they do a couple nights a
week after work and on weekends.

My point is that if you were to analyze anything, you will find flaw.
As a seasoned ultimate player, you will find flaws in ultimate. Just
like any NBA player could tell you what's 'really' happening on the
court. Get over it. Rob is trying to present a service to the ultimate
community.

If you would like to repost that dischoops video, I'm sure there are a
few ultimate players out here who wouldn't mind examining the
dischoops rules and showing the errors to be found there.

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by Shazdenn » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:35:29

Thank you for all these words.
 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by discimu.. » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:42:42

Lost in all this Frank BS is that these were two really great games.
Great play by Hammond, tooling Callahan winner Dan Heijman. That play
sparked a 4-straight-break comeback for Chain. Here's looking forward
to watching last year's most entertaining team at nationals after they
add Zip.

What's that smell? A-T-L!

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by La Malda » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:22:32


Quote:
> Lost in all this Frank BS is that these were two really great games.
> Great play by Hammond, tooling Callahan winner Dan Heijman. That play
> sparked a 4-straight-break comeback for Chain. Here's looking forward
> to watching last year's most entertaining team at nationals after they
> add Zip.

> What's that smell? A-T-L!

What it shows is a poor blade huck that never made it to its intended
receiver, which was not Heijmen.  The Kid had the inside track the
whole way.  First, spell Dan's name right.  Then, get the play right.

Hh

 
 
 

UVtv - Now Playing JAM vs Bravo and Sub Zero vs Chain

Post by patg » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:42:53

Why would anyone watch anything but Buzz Bullets?? They are amazing
and clearly won over the crowds with their incredible athleticism,
great throws and positive attitude..... yes, all you open players that
think your cool with spikes and testosterone displays. guess what? a
90 lb sockeye acting brute-like is a joke.  This is not the kind of
stuff that inspires people. Buzz Bullets Celebrating their hard-faught
scores with their teams with laughs and smiles and flying like an
airplane.  That is enjoying the sport that we all love. It's so nice
to see somebody bringing something different to the table. Buzz for
World Champs '08!!!

Thanks Rob for the great Buzz footage.