Live streaming of Club Championships

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Peri Kursha » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:06:47


check it out:

http://club2009.upa.org/media/2009clubchampsstreaming_schedrelease

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Mabe » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:55:57


Quote:
> check it out:

> http://club2009.upa.org/media/2009clubchampsstreaming_schedrelease

Thanks Peri

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by 3Jane » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:01:16


Quote:
> check it out:

> http://club2009.upa.org/media/2009clubchampsstreaming_schedrelease

Awesome.

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by homrbus » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:45:53


Quote:

> > check it out:

> >http://club2009.upa.org/media/2009clubchampsstreaming_schedrelease

> Awesome.

Will games be archived for those of stuck at a job without a computer?
 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Matt Johnso » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:47:16


Quote:
> check it out:

> http://SportToday.org/

"The event will be held Oct. 29-Nov. 1 in Sarasota, Fla., and will
feature the top-60 *** Ultimate teams..."

Couldn't we say open instead of ***?  *** sounds either dirty, or
like the page is being written with children in mind.

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Rob » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:21:48

This is for you Reggie Faneli

UPA.org To Broadcast Record Level Of Streaming
Coverage At 2009 UPA Club Championships

Free Live Streaming/Video Highlights To Be Produced By UltiVillage.com

BOULDER, Colo. The Ultimate Players Association, the National
Governing Body for the sport of Ultimate in the United States, today
announced the schedule of live-streamed games and video highlights for
the 2009 UPA Club Championships. The event will be held Oct. 29-Nov. 1
in Sarasota, Fla., and will feature the top-60 *** Ultimate teams
competing in four divisions: Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens.

This years event represents the most comprehensive level of online
video coverage to date and is brought to fans free of charge through
UPA.org. All video footage is produced by UltiVillage.com.

Were proud to be streaming more live games eight total, including
all four division finals from the UPA Club Championships than ever
before, said UPA Managing Director, Business Development &
Communications Chuck Menke (Boulder, Colo.). Friends and family
members of participants, as well as Ultimate fans across the country,
can follow the action from Sarasota through UPA.org.

Every sports fan enjoys watching live coverage of the best their
sport has to offer, said UltiVillage.com President Rob Baril
(Vancouver, B.C.). "Through the generous support of the UPA, we are
e***d to bring the best Ultimate in North America to thousands of
fans across the world, as the action unfolds.

Please visit the official 2009 UPA Club Championships site (http://
club2009.upa.org/) on UPA.org to see specific match-ups for live-
streamed games as the tournament unfolds.

The online video schedule is as follows:

Thursday, Oct. 29: Pool Play
Video highlights packages (23 minutes total):
Round-by-round Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

Live Stream:
3:30 p.m. EDT Mixed Game (TBD)

Friday, Oct. 30: Power-Pool Play/Masters Quarterfinals
Video highlights packages (24 minutes total):
Round-by-round Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

Live Stream:
3 p.m. EDT Masters Quarterfinal Game (TBD)

Saturday, Oct. 31: Quarterfinals/Semifinals/Masters Championship Game
Video highlights packages (18 minutes total):
Quarterfinals Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)
Semifinals Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

Live Streams:
9:30 a.m. EDT Open Quarterfinal Game (TBD)
1:15 p.m. EDT Womens Semifinal Game (TBD)
3:45 p.m. EDT Masters Championships Game

Sunday, Nov. 1: Championship Games
Live Streams:
9 a.m. EST Mixed Championship Game
11:45 a.m. EST Womens Championship Game
2:30 p.m. EST Open Championship Game

Rob

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Seppo #2 » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:08:47

Thanks Rob and UV!  Looking forward to the first streaming game.

If anyone wants to chat real-time while watching the games, visit the
UT Chatroom.  We did it last year and it was great fun.  Had Yankees,
Canucks and Aussies all chiming in.  :)

http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?action=chat

Cheerio!

- Seppo #22

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by jermleed » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 04:24:16


Quote:
> Rob

Excellent. This represents a significant step forward in developing a
model for online media coverage ultimate, the evolved future of which
I'd argue (and have in the past) represents a vastly more viable and
strategically sound media strategy for the UPA than does Toad's
endlessly flogged TV model.

Will there be multiple cameras per game, and realtime direction?
Commentary? Most importantly, will there be an elevated side view
camera?

Regardless, a major milestone reached, IMHO- well done.

Jeremy

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Heinousbo » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 06:21:16


Quote:

> > Rob

> Excellent. This represents a significant step forward in developing a
> model for online media coverage ultimate, the evolved future of which
> I'd argue (and have in the past) represents a vastly more viable and
> strategically sound media strategy for the UPA than does Toad's
> endlessly flogged TV model.

> Will there be multiple cameras per game, and realtime direction?
> Commentary? Most importantly, will there be an elevated side view
> camera?

> Regardless, a major milestone reached, IMHO- well done.

> Jeremy

I'll consider it a considerable step forward if it can get more views
than say this sports video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jen46qkZVNI

Or this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEWSO6NrQo&NR=1

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by Fryjo » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:39:10


Quote:

> > Rob

Rob, I have a question, we have been following Ultivillage streaming
since Vancouver. Will this time be available to International viewers.
I may be not understanding right given the obvious language problems
since english is not my native language, but given that the broadcast
will be free trough UPA, does this mean we need an username or
something like that?

In any case you should know there are a lot of potential viewers
abroad.

Quote:
> Excellent. This represents a significant step forward in developing a
> model for online media coverage ultimate, the evolved future of which
> I'd argue (and have in the past) represents a vastly more viable and
> strategically sound media strategy for the UPA than does Toad's
> endlessly flogged TV model.

> Will there be multiple cameras per game, and realtime direction?
> Commentary? Most importantly, will there be an elevated side view
> camera?

> Regardless, a major milestone reached, IMHO- well done.

> Jeremy

 
 
 

Live streaming of Club Championships

Post by ulticriti » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:12:45


Quote:
> This is for you Reggie Faneli

> UPA.org To Broadcast Record Level Of Streaming
> Coverage At 2009 UPA Club Championships

> Free Live Streaming/Video Highlights To Be Produced By UltiVillage.com

> BOULDER, Colo. The Ultimate Players Association, the National
> Governing Body for the sport of Ultimate in the United States, today
> announced the schedule of live-streamed games and video highlights for
> the 2009 UPA Club Championships. The event will be held Oct. 29-Nov. 1
> in Sarasota, Fla., and will feature the top-60 *** Ultimate teams
> competing in four divisions: Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens.

> This years event represents the most comprehensive level of online
> video coverage to date and is brought to fans free of charge through
> UPA.org. All video footage is produced by UltiVillage.com.

> Were proud to be streaming more live games eight total, including
> all four division finals from the UPA Club Championships than ever
> before, said UPA Managing Director, Business Development &
> Communications Chuck Menke (Boulder, Colo.). Friends and family
> members of participants, as well as Ultimate fans across the country,
> can follow the action from Sarasota through UPA.org.

> Every sports fan enjoys watching live coverage of the best their
> sport has to offer, said UltiVillage.com President Rob Baril
> (Vancouver, B.C.). "Through the generous support of the UPA, we are
> e***d to bring the best Ultimate in North America to thousands of
> fans across the world, as the action unfolds.

> Please visit the official 2009 UPA Club Championships site (http://
> club2009.upa.org/) on UPA.org to see specific match-ups for live-
> streamed games as the tournament unfolds.

> The online video schedule is as follows:

> Thursday, Oct. 29: Pool Play
> Video highlights packages (23 minutes total):
> Round-by-round Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

> Live Stream:
> 3:30 p.m. EDT Mixed Game (TBD)

> Friday, Oct. 30: Power-Pool Play/Masters Quarterfinals
> Video highlights packages (24 minutes total):
> Round-by-round Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

> Live Stream:
> 3 p.m. EDT Masters Quarterfinal Game (TBD)

> Saturday, Oct. 31: Quarterfinals/Semifinals/Masters Championship Game
> Video highlights packages (18 minutes total):
> Quarterfinals Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)
> Semifinals Masters, Mixed, Open and Womens (games TBD)

> Live Streams:
> 9:30 a.m. EDT Open Quarterfinal Game (TBD)
> 1:15 p.m. EDT Womens Semifinal Game (TBD)
> 3:45 p.m. EDT Masters Championships Game

> Sunday, Nov. 1: Championship Games
> Live Streams:
> 9 a.m. EST Mixed Championship Game
> 11:45 a.m. EST Womens Championship Game
> 2:30 p.m. EST Open Championship Game

> Rob