What have you done to your nimbus hub?

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by skrob » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 03:55:13


i'm just looking to get a little more information out on this option.

basically i'm looking to see if anyone has taken it off of a 6 foot or
more drop, or a 10 stair, what have you done to yours?

i read something about one being taken off of a pretty decent sized
drop or jump, but there still isn't a gathering of information about
it. My goal is to create that with this thread.

--
skrobo

Quote:
><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

Quote:

> don't worry about those little clown tricks called flips and wrap
> arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over trucks]

> I honestly have a hard time believing that you are really a white guy

------------------------------------------------------------------------
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by émile » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:02:16

The nimbus ISIS hub is the same thing then KH hub. Except the holes on
the hub flanges.

--
mile5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mile5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14993
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by _Ground_Zero » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:15:35

Quote:

> The nimbus ISIS hub is the same thing then KH hub. Except the holes on
> the hub flanges.

That doesn't answer his question...

--
_Ground_Zero_
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_Ground_Zero_'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15520
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Probailer » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:31:56

Quote:

> the kh hub is definitely not solid.

Word.

Peter M

--
Probailer2

Sponsored by www.municycle.com

~o"o~Unicycle for Amanda~o"o~

Quote:

> I wonder if more people will start putting some themes into their uni
> design. Except Koxx, they already have the drug theme covered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Brian O » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:42:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcpnJc3OCw&feature=user Crankflipping a
5 set. I never actually land it in that video and a lot of the time I
don't land on the pedals but I've taken it off bigger stuff. This hub
feels super solid, I'm totally confident in its ability to take major
abuse.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com/forum/) - *The First Serious
Unicycle Computer Game* - -First test release available 'here!'
(http://eenwiel.nl/temp/ProjectUNI.exe)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian O.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10744
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by skrob » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:36:27

its not the same hub, its different, thats why i want some real proof,
or testimonies of how strong it is.

--
skrobo

Quote:
><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

Quote:

> don't worry about those little clown tricks called flips and wrap
> arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over trucks]

> I honestly have a hard time believing that you are really a white guy

------------------------------------------------------------------------
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by skrob » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:30:47

isn't it solid???
the kh hub is definitely not solid.

--
skrobo

Quote:
><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

Quote:

> don't worry about those little clown tricks called flips and wrap
> arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over trucks]

> I honestly have a hard time believing that you are really a white guy

------------------------------------------------------------------------
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by vivalarg » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 07:06:54

Quote:

> its not the same hub, its different, thats why i want some real proof,
> or testimonies of how strong it is.

In what respect do you think it's different save for the holes in the
flanges?

I've got both the KH and a black Nimbus and they look identical.

JL

--
vivalargo
------------------------------------------------------------------------
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Jerric » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 07:18:41

Quote:

> In what respect do you think it's different save for the holes in the
> flanges?

> I've got both the KH and a black Nimbus and they look identical.

> JL

Thats not the point. He wants to see and hear about what people are
putting the hub through. Stress testing if you will, to see how well it
actually holds up compared to the KH and other hubs.

Will it hold just as well as my KH when it has to hold up to 8 foot
drops? Or will it hold up like Skrobos KH hub when he goes and jumps
over another truck?

Or will it start to bend and not be as superior as everyone says?

If anything, this thread will just be actual proof that it is identical
to a KH hub, which is no bad thing, and nothing to complain about that
he wants to see that.

But it makes me wonder, will the flanges on the Nimbus bend as much as
the ones on the KH. They are identical hubs... :p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by mscalis » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:06:19

It might be the point. They look identical (except for the color and the
KH in the flanges). They're priced identical. Is it possible that
they're made in two different factories with different specifications?
Possible, but I sure wouldn't put money on it.

I'd love the definitive answer on this, but the people who know for
sure aren't talking. Why would they?

..anyways, assuming they're identical, why would you expect them to
perform differently?

Assumming they're different...well, I wouldn't.

my .02, carry on.

Quote:

> Thats not the point. He wants to see and hear about what people are
> putting the hub through. Stress testing if you will, to see how well it
> actually holds up compared to the KH and other hubs.

> Will it hold just as well as my KH when it has to hold up to 8 foot
> drops? Or will it hold up like Skrobos KH hub when he goes and jumps
> over another truck?

> Or will it start to bend and not be as superior as everyone says?

> If anything, this thread will just be actual proof that it is identical
> to a KH hub, which is no bad thing, and nothing to complain about that
> he wants to see that.

> But it makes me wonder, will the flanges on the Nimbus bend as much as
> the ones on the KH. They are identical hubs... :p

--
mscalisi

Quote:
><> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><

------------------------------------------------------------------------
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by mornis » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:11:56

Quote:

> isn't it solid???
> the kh hub is definitely not solid.

yeah, I bent the spindle on 4 muni rides.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

Quote:

> just think of it like a roller coaster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by skrob » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:12:01

thanks miles
i was looking for something like that
but you can't weigh much.... what did you do to it? with how long of
cranks?
how much is it bent?
lol
lots of questions... i'll leave it at that for now.

--
skrobo

Quote:
><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

Quote:

> don't worry about those little clown tricks called flips and wrap
> arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over trucks]

> I honestly have a hard time believing that you are really a white guy

------------------------------------------------------------------------
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Spencer Hochber » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:14:02

Something must be wrong if a 90 pound kid can bend the axle in 4
rides...
(I don't remember how much Miles weighs so I guessed)

--
Spencer Hochberg

'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
www.unicycle.tv/channel/Spencermyspace.com/SpencerHochberg
Spencer.Hochberg at gmail dot com
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Brian O » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:31:16

Quote:

> thanks miles
> i was looking for something like that
> but you can't weigh much.... what did you do to it? with how long of
> cranks?
> how much is it bent?
> lol
> lots of questions... i'll leave it at that for now.

I think Miles was referring to the KH hub. Though I may be mistaken.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com/forum/) - *The First Serious
Unicycle Computer Game* - -First test release available 'here!'
(http://eenwiel.nl/temp/ProjectUNI.exe)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian O.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10744
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66560

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

What have you done to your nimbus hub?

Post by Dann » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:59:55

I email UDC asking them what was the difference between KH and nimbus
hub. They replied basically the color and holes in the flange.

--
Danni

Quote:

> Without***s you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
(http://SportToday.org/)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danni's Profile: http://SportToday.org/
View this thread: http://SportToday.org/

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------        
                http://SportToday.org/