A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by stevey » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:50:36


Finally completed my writeup, in case anyone's interested, and incase
they're tired of following the old thread.... Warning: a lot of words.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/NYC_Century_2008/

--
steveyo

steveyo
..like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------    
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by David_Ston » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:09:57

Great write-up and photos, Steve, and I think it was dead-on factually
as well.

I'd love to try it again next year, too. I'd bet that we can get even
more uni'ists.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by capun » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:37:49

Very nice Steve.  Like you... I was bummed about not riding the full
100.  As it turns out though... I successfully and unintentionally rode
my first metric century!  I know I said I wouldn't do the ride again,
but with a little more training I might be up for a second attempt next
year.

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo Album'
(http://gallery.mac.com/perrywoodin#100208)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
capuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15514
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by MuniSan » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:30:07

Great writeup steveyo!!  That gives me a whole lot of inspiration as I
attempt my first metric century road ride a week from this Saturday.
I've ridden 50 miles on single track trails at a 12 hour mountain bike
event, but this is something entirely different. Hopefully easier!!!
Never the less if there is anyway I can make it up your way for a full
century attempt next year I'm game...  Perhaps we can find something
more midway?? I'm in the DEEP SOUTH unfortunately :(

--
MuniSano
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MuniSano's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13350
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------    
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by einrad10 » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:37:52

Hey Steve great write up!  I too look forward to being back there again
next year, hopefully with being able to complete the full 100!

--
einrad101

People who pass me tell me that I am crazy.....
I just tell  them that I am a uniatic  :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
einrad101's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17285
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------    
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by stevey » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:43:47

Quote:

> Very nice Steve.  Like you... I was bummed about not riding the full
> 100.  As it turns out though... I successfully and unintentionally rode
> my first metric century!

::Sweet! Congrats!::

Quote:

> Great write-up and photos, Steve, and I think it was dead-on factually
> as well.  I'd love to try it again next year, too. I'd bet that we can
> get even more uni'ists.

I think this should be one of THE events of the year for unis.  25 or 50
would be cool, and possible because everyone can ride as little or much
as s/he wants.

--
steveyo

steveyo
..like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by rem4 » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:29:20

That was a great write up. I cannot imagine going that far on a uni.  I
am still trying to get 20 miles to feel easy. You guys are studs! Keep
the write ups coming. they are motivating.

--
rem48
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rem48's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15538
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by stevey » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:37:39

Quote:

> Great writeup steveyo!!  That gives me a whole lot of inspiration as I
> attempt my first metric century road ride a week from this Saturday.
> I've ridden 50 miles on single track trails at a 12 hour mountain bike
> event, but this is something entirely different. Hopefully easier!!!
> Never the less if there is anyway I can make it up your way for a full
> century attempt next year I'm game...  Perhaps we can find something
> more midway?? I'm in the DEEP SOUTH unfortunately :(

You'll find long rides are more time-consuming, but less demanding than
off-road.  Good luck on your metric!

It would be great to hook up for something.  With our Panama Evo of
Balance trip coming up, I'm afraid my uni-travel is used up for a
while.

Quote:

> Hey Steve great write up! I too look forward to being back there again
> next year, hopefully with being able to complete the full 100!

Great to ride with you Andy!  Next year it is!

--
steveyo

steveyo
..like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by Chrashin » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:58:00

Thank you Steveyo!  Great write-up, enjoyed reading. Like that lady
said, "You guys are rock stars!".

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken          

I've been flying.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.usenet.com

 
 
 

A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Post by einrad10 » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:06:23

Quote:

> I think this should be one of THE events of the year for unis.  25 or
> 50 would be cool, and possible because everyone can ride as little or
> much as s/he wants.

I strongly agree, it would be awesome to have like 25 unicyclists in
something like this!

--
einrad101

People who pass me tell me that I am crazy.....
I just tell  them that I am a uniatic  :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
einrad101's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17285
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/72772

 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------    
                http://www.usenet.com